The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

VOR confirms official approach has been made...

Quite happy for him to speak to clubs at a higher level, ( especially if that is in his Contract ).

(a) He might not like what he hears, (b) His questions might not be answered, 

Edited by D.Armour Appreciation Society

Having your manager nicked in September by a team in a relegation battle after you've started the league season unbeaten and are sat top of the league.

I've seen this one before.

But tbh, I'm thinking he'll stay...

Edited by AUcal

7 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Having your manager nicked in September by a team in a relegation battle after you've started the league season unbeaten and are sat top of the league.

I've seen this one before.

But tbh, I'm thinking he'll stay...

Edited 3 minutes ago by AUcal

Twice : McCall to Thistle , Ally to Motherwell . 

24 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Wonder if Whittaker may want to hang around because as long as he stays in Brown's shadow he's forever going to be ignored for the work he does.

Pretty good post . Was thinking the very same ! 

We’ve asked to speak to him as he applied for the position, he’s one of 4 that are getting interviewed and it’s no given he’ll even be offered the job at this stage. As for the clubs relative profiles, we’re clearly a more attractive club right now given the clubs respective positions over the last 20 years. Equally Brown himself knows where we can get to given he was playing against us when we were at our best. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we’ll move for him. I suspect the interviews will change who the media think is favourite, but you never know. 

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Is that confirmed or just speculation?

If it is then get the compo deal sorted quickly and wish him well. There’s no point in keeping someone who doesn’t want to be here and will be off as soon as something else (slightly better) comes up. The club is on the up and we can continue to grow with our without Scott Brown. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

We’ve asked to speak to him as he applied for the position, he’s one of 4 that are getting interviewed and it’s no given he’ll even be offered the job at this stage. As for the clubs relative profiles, we’re clearly a more attractive club right now given the clubs respective positions over the last 20 years. Equally Brown himself knows where we can get to given he was playing against us when we were at our best. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we’ll move for him. I suspect the interviews will change who the media think is favourite, but you never know. 

Source that he applied? If he did he can gtf, getting a bit boring tbh this pish every job that comes up

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Who's the other 3 ? 

2 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Agree with this . Him applying and not getting the job is probably the worst possible outcome for Ayr United . 

Plus it'll happen every time a prem job comes up. Having a manager with one foot out the door won't do

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Plus it'll happen every time a prem job comes up. Having a manager with one foot out the door won't do

Aye, now the clubs considering  a change to avoid relegation will know he is keen to move. Just imagine mcinnes goes to hearts and there is a vacancy at the piggery?

I don't know it to be true or false that Brown has applied for the job.  By the sound of it he hasn't, he has been approached along with others. 

Life goes on- he’s done well so far but not even been with us for 12 months. If he’s applied I hope he gets it as we will at least get compo. If he has applied and doesn’t get it smith may need to consider his options. 

if we are looking at a new manager I would hope we are speaking to Whittaker to see if he wants to stay on and be the main man. If he wants to go with brown then I think Murray should be the next one we approach