The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It is, aye. You're genuinely challenging for promotion for the first time in about 20 years and have a half built stadium.

We've been in the top flight 15+ years with multiple trophies and a 9k attendance behind us.

We finished 6 points off the winners just two years ago.  We finished above Queens Park who were in a 'genuine' title challenge.  Make it make sense?

9k attendance?  How often do you get that when not playing the old firm?  Your last home attendance was 3629 while our last home attendance was 3118 (2928 before that if you think Partick being near inflated the attendance).  Given you are a top flight side with recent success the difference isn't enormous.  

Regardless, St Johnstone are a bigger club than Ayr and anyone not at it knows this.  I'd imagine the average neutral would see us heading to swap places or at least come together one way or the other in the near future.  

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We finished 6 points off the winners just two years ago.  We finished above Queens Park who were in a 'genuine' title challenge.  Make it make sense?

9k attendance?  How often do you get that when not playing the old firm?  Your last home attendance was 3629 while our last home attendance was 3118 (2928 before that if you think Partick being near inflated the attendance).  Given you are a top flight side with recent success the difference isn't enormous.  

Regardless, St Johnstone are a bigger club than Ayr and anyone not at it knows this.  I'd imagine the average neutral would see us heading to swap places or at least come together one way or the other in the near future.  

My point made in a less bitter, less tangential and less passive aggressive way. Thank you 😂

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

GTFOH with your sensible and balanced summations

24 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Not often St Johnstone supporters get to flex their 'big club' muscles. Let em enjoy it.

FWIW I’d rank Ayr in the tier of clubs alongside the Mortons, the Queen of the Souths, the Raith Rovers, the Airdries of the world. Have the potential to have their day in sun in the country’s flagship division given the right circumstances, however aren’t ever going to seriously establish themselves as one of the big boys (and play 10+ consecutive seasons in the premier division, compete in Europe, win major trophies, have the two best strikers in the league etc. etc.). 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The behemoth that is St Johnstone Football Club is bigger than Ayr United by every single metric you care to consider. We’re richer, more successful, our home attendances don’t typically start with a ‘1’, and we have the two best strikers in the league. Scott Brown would be a fool not to jump at the chance (if we want him).

You are still not a big club

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

FWIW I’d rank Ayr in the tier of clubs alongside the Mortons, the Queen of the Souths, the Raith Rovers, the Airdries of the world. Have the potential to have their day in sun in the country’s flagship division given the right circumstances, however aren’t ever going to seriously establish themselves as one of the big boys (and play 10+ consecutive seasons in the premier division, compete in Europe, win major trophies, have the two best strikers in the league etc. etc.). 

FWIW your a bellend and talking pish . 

10 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You are trying way too hard. 

16 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

FWIW nobody gives a f**k. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think smith has negotiated this as part of browns compensation package

Could definitely do with the bodies on the bench. 

16 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The last time I was at McDiarmid Park was last year for the Ayr game. The crowd was 2,669. Oh and Ayr won.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Couldn’t lace Dowds boots 

Would only be wasting their time if they did lace his boots tbh. We're more looking for someone to donate a leg. 

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Tbf, they've got quite a few bites in the past few pages. Fair play.

Not sure if all of it is click bait to be honest. One of them genuinely believes they're a big club 😀😀😀😀

5 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

The last time I was at McDiarmid Park was last year for the Ayr game. The crowd was 2,669. Oh and Ayr won.

Not a bad crowd for a cup game in the first round against lower league opposition! Would’ve been a top 5 home attendance of the 23/24 season for Ayr United had the venue been Somerset?

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Not a bad crowd for a cup game in the first round against lower league opposition! Would’ve been a top 5 home attendance of the 23/24 season for Ayr United had the venue been Somerset?

Vine Wtf GIF