The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Brown wants to be unpredictable and I don't think anyone would have predicted that line-up

Injuries play their part and we are missing a few key players, not having a settled, first choice keeper as well is an issue. 

But to play a right back at centre half, a centre half in midfield and a midfielder up front, while dropping Oakley to the bench just looks daft from the off and nothing to do with injuries. 

If Livingstone beat Falkirk midweek and we can beat Livingstone the week after, it will have undone this afternoons result. Hopefully we will be able to ease some players back in next week against Peterhead as well.

Hopefully it will be a line-up, performance and result we can just pretend didn't happen and move on. 

Byu Football GIF by BYU Cougars

McAllister is a centre half. It was Ayr that started playing him at right back. He was getting praise on here last weekend for playing well.

Of course when we lose he’s suddenly being played out of position. The reactionary shite fans come out with is insufferable.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Oakley hasn’t been great since Dowds got injured, but it was still a big shout to drop him especially given how little Walker and Bavidge have offered thus far.

I have hopes for Bavidge still but absolutely none for Walker. We weren’t going to get every signing right and I think Walker is the one that’ll end up getting “mutual consented” in the summer much like JML or Ashford. 

Bavidge must have more to him than what we’re seeing. Either we’re not using him right or he needs more time to settle in. Either way we need him to start contributing as we aren’t signing anyone to replace Dowds until January. I think McKenzie is going to need to be used more to get us through as he’s the closest thing we have to Dowds at the minute. 

Just now, eez-eh said:

McAllister is a centre half. It was Ayr that started playing him at right back. He was getting praise on here last weekend for playing well.

Of course when we lose he’s suddenly being played out of position. The reactionary shite fans come out with is insufferable.

I think he’s a right back. He played there for Dumbarton before coming to us but I agree with the rest. Panic mode for some. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

McAllister was a centre mid, not a centre half. He then got moved to right back and now centre half. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

McAllister was a centre mid, not a centre half. He then got moved to right back and now centre half. 

In his recent interview, McAllister said he always considered himself a centre back which is where he played coming through the youths at St Mirren.  Personally I think he’s being doing fine over the last 4 games.  It was actually Watret who chose the wrong day to have a bit of a howler - really weak at both goals.  I guess a bad day is inevitable for an 18 year old.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s a right back. He played there for Dumbarton before coming to us but I agree with the rest. Panic mode for some. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I might be wrong about him not playing right back before us, but he said in one of his interviews with McLean that he was always a centre back to begin with.

Duffy played him at centre mid. I don’t think anyone else has.

Today we lost to the better team , they ain’t no world beaters but fair play to them today . 
Our injuries are well documented but they are killing us ! I think until they are all back , obviously with exception of Anton , then we will lose ground . Hopefully we don’t fall to far back . 
It would be great if McMann and Murphy got some game time next week with a view to Livingston the following week !

I feel like we’ve maybe loaned out one too many strikers Bryden and Guthrie both needed them but I think we could have keeped McRoberts just as another option but I am clutching at straws here the Dowds injury has really been a kick in the teeth

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m not scapegoating McCallister, today he was fine, the last few weeks he’s been fine. 
We have however, 4 better players to play that position and one of them was playing in midfield which hasn’t worked on any occasions we have tried it before. 

It’s also cause of the dowds injury and lack of goal threat up front we are pushing Rus further foward and then having to play one of Howley or Syla and neither have really impressed 

Falkirk were pretty slik but I say now the same as I did when I watched their first cup game in summer, scoring first against them is a priority. If that's them playing their best against what ever the f**k we were doing today, then we can take points off them in the next 3 games against them. 

Jaffo, folk are flaking out, because we have no answers until January. It's not just one poor performance today, it's the last, what 4 games..... 

As someone said earlier, broon needs to go back to basics with what he has available. We seen this mental selection stuff when he first came in, he got away with it because it was someone else's team... it's on him now!

Dropping Oakley was criminal imo!!

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Absolutely necessary to call out reactionary nonsense whenever it is spouted. We lost a game of football. It’s not going to define our season.

Absolutely necessary? Ffs. A fellow Ayr fan had an in game reaction that I too don’t entirely agree with but he in no way said it would “define our season”.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s October. Dry your knickers and go to bed. 

Is there any need to be asking a fellow Ayr fan to be “drying his knickers”? I too have fleeting thoughts about people and then I check myself and filter. If I was a Falkirk fan surfing this thread (hiya) I’d be lapping up this exchange. Is it irony I’m adding to it? Where’s Alanis Morrissete when you need her. It’s one defeat, terrible performance, not season defining but still a reality check.

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

But to play a right back at centre half, a centre half in midfield and a midfielder up front, while dropping Oakley to the bench just looks daft from the off and nothing to do with injuries. 

Perfectly summed up.  Could have had Musonda CB, Rus CM and Oakley CF and everything looks a lot more balanced 

To be fair Falkirk had about 5 out injured as well. We were pish to be fair and when we get a few more players back we’ll be ok. Keeper at fault for the first goal for me, couldn’t make his mind up and then slipped at a crucial moment.

Play the best players in the best positions please (can we recall one of Bryden, McRoberts or Guthrie as we need another option up front until January!)

Fist time up at Falkirk and let’s face it - that is a top league setup they have.

on the game - tactics were abysmal from start to finish.

Why oh why would we change a winning formula.

Tweek it slightly - maybe - but that was poor from the gaffer.

There is only so much you can ask of Scottish Championship level players.

In saying that, and I know this might sound mental, but Falkirk were there for the taking.

Bad day at the office all round, by blame has to lay with the gaffer.

These forwards out on loan aren't going to give us what we need either. They would just be there to pad out the numbers. We're just stuck till January at least unless Brown gets creative, which, on today's evidence, isn't too likely or wise