What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Enjoying the conference debate for a change. The Corbynistas seem to be winning the day, could be wrong though. Here's one snippet..

Unite’s Howard Beckett spoke in support of the NEC statement and composite 14, and in opposition to composite 13. He said:

Composite 13 seeks to define us now as a party of remain and say that any negotiated deal, no matter what is in it, should be rejected in favour of remain.

As anyone who watched Emily Thornberry on Question Time will know, it’d be a car crash to send Jeremy Corbyn into a general election saying that he can negotiate a credible deal when our position is one to reject that deal.

Corbyn's position is supposed to be more convoluted. :lol:

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re right.  I find it hard to argue with the assertion that “Corbyn is doing just fine”; that’s because it is going against all the evidence.

I will be happy to revisit it with you following the next GE.

Maybe it is with reference to sandpaper where the extra fine stuff doesn't seem to make much difference at all!

Just now, Detournement said:

Did she not just mistakenly say it passed rather than failed when asked about it later?

Thought she did that twice, and said it was close when it was nowhere near. Len McCluskey looked like he was shitting himself when they were asking for a card vote, the arithmetic gets a bit weird when the union votes get counted.

Do the Corbyn fans really think racists in the North of England are actually going to start voting for them again? I'm pretty sure those voters are lost, so not sure why Labour spend so much time and effort pandering to them. 

26 minutes ago, GAD said:

Do the Corbyn fans really think racists in the North of England are actually going to start voting for them again? I'm pretty sure those voters are lost, so not sure why Labour spend so much time and effort pandering to them. 

Firstly I don't think the north of England is any more racist than anywhere else.

Secondly Labour dominated in the North of England in 2017.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A few posts ago I accused Corbyn of hypocrisy.

For years he was critical of the leadership manipulating the Party.  He becomes leader and manipulates the Party.

”Meet the new boss...”

In what way did he manipulate anyone? Everyone had their say and  he clearly won the vote!

You can't compare this to pensioners being arrested for shouting at Blair.