What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

47 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Is everybody else getting the labour advert on P&B?

image.thumb.png.8c8c0bb21340af09475046f36a381297.png

Good to see that they're displaying the Union flag so prominently on a Scottish football forum. I take it they'll be using it on all their 'Scottish' labour campaign leaflets.

I wish them well with that. 😄

Excuse my ignorance, but what precisely is happening in Scotland on 2nd May that will require me to vote?

I've googled, and all of their official blurb refers repeatedly to "the Country", "across the Country", and so on, but does not specify precisely which country they are referring to.

17 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what precisely is happening in Scotland on 2nd May that will require me to vote?

I've googled, and all of their official blurb refers repeatedly to "the Country", "across the Country", and so on, but does not specify precisely which country they are referring to.

Nothing. Makes the ad even less relevant to us. (I assume that the ad goes out over a lot more than just this forum)

I am looking forward to Labour using the same Union flag format for the general election though. 

Someone might want to point out to them then, that they might want to stop using "the country" interchangeably with "England & Wales" while they are pimping themselves in Scotland.

On second thoughts, don't, because that is prototypical Labour and they will never realise by themselves.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Kirkcaldy candidate likely to defect to Reform in a couple of weeks

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/12448745/labour-mp-wannabe-humza-yousaf-racist-posts/

Amusing that the Currant's primary outrage is about the nickname Humza Youseless.

Just makes it seem like they don't understand that the old-school National Front racism is the problem, or don't care and just want everyone to covertly chuckle at a silly name. Probably a mix of both.

On 01/03/2024 at 22:55, HTG said:

For the sake of absolute clarity, Galloway would not be an MP if Labour hadn't completely and utterly fucked up. Starmer's promise of quality candidates in every constituency at the GE is a fucking belter. What chance does he have of getting 650 lined up when he couldn't manage 1. Useless c**t.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/12448745/labour-mp-wannabe-humza-yousaf-racist-posts/

As expected - still early days ...

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Amusing that the Currant's primary outrage is about the nickname Humza Youseless.

Just makes it seem like they don't understand that the old-school National Front racism is the problem, or don't care and just want everyone to covertly chuckle at a silly name. Probably a mix of both.

More worryingly, it's been reported in multiple places but the Scum was the only one I could see that actually gave the contents of the tweets. Hamas Youseless is a nothingburger, it's something you'd hear off a golf club bore while he was going 'eh' and tapping you with his elbow, but the Steve Laws one is more worrying. Full time wannabe Yaxley-Lennon except doesn't pretend to be a journalist. If she pleads ignorance on him, a quick click thru to his timeline would have shown a constant tirade of similar shit.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

A trade unionist too but just a strongly reactionary trade unionist.

Many of those accusations against Yousaf she endorsed were also made against Corbyn. 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

More worryingly, it's been reported in multiple places but the Scum was the only one I could see that actually gave the contents of the tweets.

Well here's the thread that started it. Seems like a problem for candidates in this area (see previously Neale Hanvey).

Edited by Ginaro

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well here's the thread that started it. Seems like a problem for candidates in this area (see previously Neale Hanvey).

TFW when just cutting and pasting makes for a more effective report than writing a report.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Virtually all the replies defending wee Wilma's views or giving it "so what? SNP BAD!"  :shutup

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Effie Deans, Agent P, Churchill's Cigar. I recognise those accounts. Reactionary arseholes who surround themselves with other reactionary arseholes. All plugged into the same small Twitter feedback loop, further radicalising them and reinforcing their false sense of consensus.

10 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Effie Deans, Agent P, Churchill's Cigar. I recognise those accounts. Reactionary arseholes who surround themselves with other reactionary arseholes. All plugged into the same small Twitter feedback loop, further radicalising them and reinforcing their false sense of consensus.

Whatever their views...and they're usually horrific...it's so weird how they like to give it the "we're the majority" bit, get proven wrong at an election, then immediately return to the same nonsense again. Presumably a lot of them are at it, but some genuinely seem to believe that everyone still secretly hates brown people, or thinks that anyone who isn't heterosexual must be a BEAST.

Wonder when they'll all unite into the "elections are all rigged because we aren't winning!" movement that the Americans are enjoying right now.

38 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

image.thumb.png.e29b0027dcaa5dcafc73f13eb710a50e.png

18 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

In the screenshots that account kept going on about the SNP being "Israelphobic" (their word) yet the SNP's position on Gaza is that of the majority of the UK public. A case in point of the false sense of consensus that can develop among Twitter bubbles.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Virtually all the replies defending wee Wilma's views or giving it "so what? SNP BAD!"  :shutup

I saw a TERF making it topical by saying the SNP are handing out puberty blockers to children :wacko:

16 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I can't see her feed as she blocked me for the temerity of questioning the veracity of one of her posts.

An absolute illiterate who doesn't have an original thought in the vacuum between her ears.