Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

909 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

A classic example of loads of people not realising what someone is actually good at.

Him, not you.

There did seem to be this thing that if he was Darren fletcher for man united, then he should be able to turn into a budget Paul scholes for Scotland and not be…Darren fletcher. 

I sort of get it, we all just hope that someone playing regularly for an elite side could be our Gareth bale figure and not just be really good at what they do. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I honestly do. Barry was as slow as a week in the jail too.

Do you mean a nice jail where he kept giving things to other people and positioning himself outside the jail to stop other people getting themsleves into trouble upon their release?

4 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Any excuse to post this piece of quiz magnificence. 

The guy in the middle sneered when Big Billy G said the meenester was a fan of Scottish Cricket. Great to see him fucking seething at the end

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

The whole McGregor/ Ferguson debate could be settled by who would wear a shell suit the best.

I’m completely undecided tbh. 

I'd be willing to tie break them in McGregors favour based on nothing but the fact that successive managers over many years have lauded his unrelenting standards of professionalism, and wee Barry got a manager ousted cos he didn't want to cut down on Monster Munch. 

Edited by Bairnardo

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The guy in the middle sneered when Big Billy G said the meenester was a fan of Scottish Cricket. Great to see him fucking seething at the end

The guy in the middle is the guy who actually posted that clip on YT. He said that  the meenester was a “lovely guy, who drank me under the table in the hotel bar the night before recording”. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

How old are you?  (just realised that sounds needlessly Sportsound, I meant it to be relevant)

I think it's a relevant question.

They're both talented players, yes, but I don't think anyone who witnessed the first four or five years of Ferguson's career would agree they are equally talented players.

31, 32 in April. My early years watching football coincided with Ferguson's better first spell at Rangers (I was a very early football addict, the product of a solid upbringing from two football mad parents). That England game at Wembley in 1999 is still pretty clear in my head, we played them off the park and Ferguson put on his best performance in Scotland blue. That we contrived not to win the tie after that night is quite astonishing.

BTW not even close to the most Sportsound question these days. You've not asked about VAR, what's happening at "Ibrix", my thoughts on "Mick" Beale or anything about Rangers or Celtic. You're definitely not getting the gig post Kenny Mac (let's hope post Kenny Mac happens soon)!

Edited by BucksburnDandy

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Weird how you get random gaps in football knowledge/memory. I remember the chat about mark burchill but I genuinely can’t remember watching him playing football ever. 

Interesting fact, he is the nephew of Simple Minds guitarist Charlie Burchill. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Weird how you get random gaps in football knowledge/memory. I remember the chat about mark burchill but I genuinely can’t remember watching him playing football ever. 

He was part of the long line of new Dalglishs.

Been shaking my head at some of the revisionist nonsense about Ferguson. I don't feel we've replaced him since he retired. His Scotland career basically finished after the Italy game in 2007, but aside from one game where Aleksandr Hleb took his dinner money I never saw him out of place against the best. 

There isn't a Scotland midfielder right now that is better than peak Bazza, never mind McGregor.