Scotland squad for Next month

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, forameus said:

I have never, ever, ever seen the point in Barry Bannan in a Scotland team.  I thought I was the only one.  Decent enough player, and has qualities, but offers nowhere near enough to be playing over others.

He had about three genuinely influential games for Scotland, when he was playing wide right.  Other than that... meh.  

12 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Barry Bannan and John Fleck should both be in the squad and one of the 2 should be starting at least. Both better than McGinn and Bannan’s stats are consistently the best in the Championship for his position.

Also Liam Cooper should be in the squad and if Tierney is play as a left centre back then why isn’t Barry Douglas in the team as back up to Robbo?

A shame about Cairney, really hope he gets capped. Paterson is another who should be in there.

If every Scotland player was available I would go with
McGregor
O’Donnell, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson
Fleck, Bannan
Forrest, Cairney, Fraser
McBurnie

Christ :lol: 

12 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Barry Bannan and John Fleck should both be in the squad and one of the 2 should be starting at least. Both better than McGinn and Bannan’s stats are consistently the best in the Championship for his position.

Also Liam Cooper should be in the squad and if Tierney is play as a left centre back then why isn’t Barry Douglas in the team as back up to Robbo?

A shame about Cairney, really hope he gets capped. Paterson is another who should be in there.

McGregor
Fleck, Bannan
Forrest, Cairney, Fraser
McBurnie

If you hadn't picked both Bannan and Fleck together I would have thought you were Gordon Strachan.

You could argue that Bannan or Fleck should be in the squad instead of Shinnie, but none of those three should realistically be starting meaningful games with the other options we have available in midfield anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Bannan's a good passer and I've stood up for his inclusion in the past, but I just don't think he's ever been good enough. When he was selected for the Slovakia and Slovenia games last year, he was probably playing the best football of his career. He was effective for the vast majority of both matches.

From memory, his best games for Scotland came against Lithuania and Malta. 

I don't think he fits in this squad anyway. 

I like Bannan as a player and don’t think he was as bad for Scotland as some people make out. Having said that, whilst I wouldn’t be averse to having him as an option in the squad I couldn’t see him starting ahead of McGinn/Armstrong/McGregor at present.

You'd think people would've realised Cooper has turned Scotland down by now.

Cairney is 27 and looks no better than McGregor. If he wants to reject us so he can fail to make England's squads then he's more than welcome to choose that path. 

Bannan's technically our best midfielder but you need to surround him with the right players and in the middle of the park.     He was picked as a winger in a few games under CL and was utterly lost.   The Spain game in particular he was chasing shadows.      I still think the right mix is McGinn, Armstrong, McGregor.    But I'd have Bannan before MacDonald or McArthur.   

On 10/2/2018 at 21:16, cameron2000 said:

McGregor
Fleck, Bannan
Forrest, Cairney, Fraser
McBurnie

What about Derby County of Craig Bryson

Folk fawning over Tom Fucking Cairney? The boy should've been told to f**k off and never set foot in Scotland again after Costa Rica. Imposter of a footballer. 

I don’t get it either, looked seriously disinterested against Canada in his debut.
Seems to be quite injury prone and while he’s undoubtedly shone for Fulham in the championship he’s done nothing this season to suggest he’d be as good a selection as Armstrong, McGregor or any of our other many midfielders.

On 03/10/2018 at 09:52, charger29 said:

I think he's playing for Israel next week. Apparently he can work miracles on the pitch.

(I'll get my coat...)

He's shite on crosses though.

(Get my coat while you're there...)

Archived