The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

First ten laps were good, but dull as dishwater after that.

The wife, having watched Drive to Survive, decided to give it a go. She was...unimpressed.

I sail I'll let her know when a good race comes on (Britain, Belgium, Vegas, Texas)

9 hours ago, Iminavest said:

I fucking love Yuki, sure he forgets everyone can hear his radio at times

I think the slight language barrier and his voice make his swearing even better. Like if it was an English guy it would just get boring but it’s great entertainment every time. “Traffic paradise” at Imola was absolutely hilarious. 

Leak found.

I don’t know all the background but I get the feeling Jos wanting Horner to resign over this is a bit like Hamilton moaning about other cars being too dominant when it comes to the irony/hypocrisy levels. 

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Leak found.

I don’t know all the background but I get the feeling Jos wanting Horner to resign over this is a bit like Hamilton moaning about other cars being too dominant when it comes to the irony/hypocrisy levels. 

You give Jos too much credit. He is a simpleton and always was.

He is living his fantasy through his son. He thinks the team owes him. Just a really sad and strange individual.

He was a confirmed recipient of the original email though.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

He is living his fantasy through his son. He thinks the team owes him. Just a really sad and strange individual.

I think Jos deserves some credit for getting his son to where he is, there's a lot of romance in the story of how they got there etc. 

He was an ok driver. Raced through an era where it was mainly there on merit, albeit never going to be a champion. 

On the same breath...  He's absolutely an oddball and some questionable behaviour over the years. 

Edited by V.Aye.R

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Why would he think the team owes him? Red Bull? I've no idea what's going on and just curious.

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Why would he think the team owes him? Red Bull? I've no idea what's going on and just curious.

Just how he conducts himself. He's an absolute c**t. No actual evidence and he hasn't said "hey red bull you owe me", but he definitely acts like they do.

It’s big Jos’s birthday today, or Max is trolling by tweeting saying happy birthday to him. 

The reaction from the fans of some drivers (nobody specific obviously) and RB haters over the whole affair has been mental. Horner is an absolute p***k and so is his wife but you’d think he’d killed someone. Folk absolutely furious that Sky have even interviewed him. The sport is a fix etc. I do hope he gets sacked though as I said before he is a smug Tory c**t.