The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Fernando to Red Bull for 2025 please.

Would like to see Carlos in there but wouldn't be surprised if the owners of red bull demand Alex get another shot.

It appears as if the FIA head boy (Mohammed Ben Sulayem) tried to get stewards to overturn a penalty handed to Alonso last season....

Wouldn't have happened under the good old days of Bernie.....actually Bernie would have just said it outright to the press rather than try and be covert about it.

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

It appears as if the FIA head boy (Mohammed Ben Sulayem) tried to get stewards to overturn a penalty handed to Alonso last season....

Wouldn't have happened under the good old days of Bernie.....actually Bernie would have just said it outright to the press rather than try and be covert about it.

That's a gargantuan f**k up for Christian to hide behind or become a scapegoat for.

Either way delicious.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big rumours of Max to Mercedes in 2025, and potentially Newey to Ferrari

Started by the same folk that are saying Jos is not going to Saudi this weekend because of the Horner kerfuffle and not a long standing drive at a rally 

13 hours ago, Crawford said:

That's a gargantuan f**k up for Christian to hide behind or become a scapegoat for.

Either way delicious.

Ben Sulayem has been, so far, awful in the role.  Just with respect to F1 he has managed to piss off every driver by saying they couldn't make any political statements without prior written permission and pissed off most (if not all F1 team managers) so much that he stepped back from F1 (not far enough it seems).

His predecessor, Jean Todt, did nothing.....but at least by doing nothing he didn't screw things up

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

People claiming this period is the lowest point in the sports history when we’ve had numerous cheating scandals and the head of the sport was whatever the f**k Bernie Ecclestone is and the son of Nazis. 

I think the lowest point was during the Prost-Senna era. Corruption was everywhere at that point.

The lowest point as a sporting spectacle has to still be the Indy GP 2005. 

I know the Verstappens have a... unique relationship but if I was a driver I would absolutely not want my family following me about for every race. I get the feeling Brundle has put this in my head by saying something to that effect during a race once, but unless it was my home Grand Prix or some other special occasion then I just don't get it. There's enough of a circus following the sport around without adding your noted lunatic of a da swanning about with a media desperate to get something from him.

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Rumours that Jos was trying to pump the female employee, and is raging that Horner, er, horned in.

That is quite phucking funny. Really hope it's true. There is no pair quite chalk and cheese as Horner and Jos and the idea that Jos is crying all over the place because of this is brilliant.

22 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That is quite phucking funny. Really hope it's true. There is no pair quite chalk and cheese as Horner and Jos and the idea that Jos is crying all over the place because of this is brilliant.

In the Heil also

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13159177/Red-Bull-Jos-Verstappen-Christian-Horner-woman-texts-sexting.html

On 04/03/2024 at 18:39, Mark Connolly said:

Big rumours of Max to Mercedes in 2025, and potentially Newey to Ferrari

I know very little about F1 so forgive me if this is obvious, but why would MV want to leave Red Bull?

17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I know the Verstappens have a... unique relationship but if I was a driver I would absolutely not want my family following me about for every race. I get the feeling Brundle has put this in my head by saying something to that effect during a race once, but unless it was my home Grand Prix or some other special occasion then I just don't get it. There's enough of a circus following the sport around without adding your noted lunatic of a da swanning about with a media desperate to get something from him.

Always wonder if Max actually knows how awful a person his dad is given how much he tells the stories of the abuse and laughs like it’s a completely normal thing. 

37 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I know very little about F1 so forgive me if this is obvious, but why would MV want to leave Red Bull?

I don’t think he would any time soon, especially not for Mercedes but with all the controversy surrounding them atm he might want to get out and prove himself somewhere else. Adrian Newey is also one of the major reasons for their success and there’s rumours he’s away. I think he’d only leave for Ferrari and that wouldn’t be for another 5 or so years. 

14 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The problem is that F1 have recently given 100's of kids with no journalism experience press passes. They have to fill up 300 tictok clips per day with mouth-paste, therefore we get flooded with this Lewis vs Max shite. 

There are plenty of interesting, insightful stories throughout the sport, but they don't don't have the intelligence to report them properly and their whole world revolves around 30 seconds of clickbait. Even P1 with Matt and Tommy is cringy pish now, when they use to be quite mature with their updates. 

My 1st F1 rant of the season! 😁

10 hours ago, Spyro said:

The problem is that F1 have recently given 100's of kids with no journalism experience press passes. They have to fill up 300 tictok clips per day with mouth-paste, therefore we get flooded with this Lewis vs Max shite. 

There are plenty of interesting, insightful stories throughout the sport, but they don't don't have the intelligence to report them properly and their whole world revolves around 30 seconds of clickbait. Even P1 with Matt and Tommy is cringy pish now, when they use to be quite mature with their updates. 

My 1st F1 rant of the season! 😁

Part of the problem is most of them aren't even at the races and just regurgitate other people's stuff. It's pretty easy for a story which doesn't have much truth in it gather pace because it'll soon appear on numerous other websites.