I'm not surprised at Neilson first pumping United getting to penalties. This is the man who was fist pumping Hearts getting an away nil nil draw to Maltese minnows Birkirkara before we got papped out to the worst team i've ever seen at Tynecastle. The man is a monumentally negative twat. 

Just watching the highlights back on YouTube and the Connolly foul on Nazon in the 1st half of Extra Time is even worse on second viewing than at the time. I thought he must have got some slight nick on the ball for that not to be deemed a foul and a second yellow but not a fucking thing!

Stephen McGinn also still going.

He just phoned into SuperScoreBoard and his opening line was:

"Listen, I've not stopped drinking since yesterday, so I apologise in advance..." :lol:

Some couple of days for the brothers. Ma McGinn will be proud of her boys' hat-trick.

Edited to add: Stag-do themorrah and getting married on Friday. Good luck wi' that. :lol:

Edited by IggyStooge

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just watching the highlights back on YouTube and the Connolly foul on Nazon in the 1st half of Extra Time is even worse on second viewing than at the time. I thought he must have got some slight nick on the ball for that not to be deemed a foul and a second yellow but not a fucking thing!

Same here, its unbelievable. same with the Pawlett elbow, and the sending off. Penalty was a nonsense as well.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Same here, its unbelievable. same with the Pawlett elbow, and the sending off. Penalty was a nonsense as well.

Think the Pawlett elbow wasn't as bad as it looked as he's hit him on the shoulder - the Nazon red though is absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Apologies, I didn't realise he was on a yellow at that point.

It's a definite booking.

My response seemed a bit short there actually, didn't mean it to come across like that.

Pawlett also had a bit of a swan dive when he was already on a yellow. It's easy not to get wound up when your team wins, had St Mirren lost yesterday I'd have been furious. 4 or 5 big, potentially game changing decisions that went against us. Every one of them incorrect.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Div shouldn't be using the official account to reply, but Tom English is making an absolute c**t of himself.

Dunno - I'm happy to let Div represent my views on this occasion if he's telling Tom English to GTF.

The sign of a truly horrific refereeing performance is when the winning team's fans are still upset about it more than 24 hours after their victory. Beaton should be punished for that horror show. As the electric chair isn't an option, he should be charged with attempting to bring the game into disrepute, and then dragged through the streets of Paisley - it was beyond farcical. 

Plus he looks like a smug little p***k.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Div shouldn't be using the official account to reply, but Tom English is making an absolute c**t of himself.

I dont really have a problem with that - Tom English is a good journalist but has started to think that he is the arbiter of everything to do with Scottish football.

He still states that Hibs fans are entirely to blame for the fighting in Hampden 3 years ago, despite the fact that Hibs fans were..............like St Mirren yesterday................simply on the pitch celebrating exuberantly.

So, if @Div wants to tell him to GTF for a few weeks on twitter, thats cool with me.

Edited by Green Day

14 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

My response seemed a bit short there actually, didn't mean it to come across like that.

Pawlett also had a bit of a swan dive when he was already on a yellow. It's easy not to get wound up when your team wins, had St Mirren lost yesterday I'd have been furious. 4 or 5 big, potentially game changing decisions that went against us. Every one of them incorrect.

Never took it like that bud, no worries.

That's it...I get every ref has the odd (or not so odd) howler. It's all fair enough when the dust settles and we're safe but in the cold light of day, consistently awful decisions like that in a match of that size is simply not on and very likely, we could be sitting here today lamenting it as a massive factor in yesterday's result.

His view of all the big decisions was pretty much clear as day. The only one I feel he got right was the penalty. I know several on here and BT sport said it was harsh but for me, the arm is out at an agnle where it's more difficult to argue it not being a penalty.

Divs contribution is pretty understated but English gets a bit of a hounding in that thread for me. Doesnt really make his point well at all.

We can all understand I think where English is coming from as regards to the Premiership team winning the playoff, but he really didnt come across well and took a skelping as a result

I'm going to guess Tom English isn't a fan of A View From The Terrace.

An absolutely head's gone, no it's the children who are wrong 24 hours or so from him. Delightful.