Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Confirmation from Gerrard that Kamara claims he was racially abused. I think that much we could gather but it confirms they believe it was a racist remark.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Nah, you can’t have it both ways. Either digging fans out for racism and sectarianism is okay, or it isn’t. 

Hold on......  Are you saying that people calling out individual instances of racism or bigotry or whatever else is the same as seeing a racist incident happen and immediately going "hahaha Celtic did a racism too"?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Hopefully that’s a lot of bollocks if not then that’s equally as disgusting

Personally, I’ll be extremely proud if one of our players has lamped a racist and will contribute to whatever crowdfunder is put together to pay his fine.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Personally, I’ll be extremely proud if one of our players has lamped a racist and will contribute to whatever crowdfunder is put together to pay his fine.

What they should have done is walked off the park when it happened. That would have been something to have been proud of 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

What they should have done is walked off the park when it happened. That would have been something to have been proud of 

I would have done that too, but punching racists is always good.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but that’s not really feasible unless the referee orders players to leave the pitch.

Gerrard can’t tell his players to come off the pitch unless he is 100% absolutely certain there has been racist remarks.

It would leave the club wide open to all sorts of sanctions.

In the topic of the actual football, does anyone know if Glen Kamara’s suspension carries over into next seasons CL qualifiers for accumulated yellows? I suspect Balogun’s and Roofe’s red cards will stand but unsure on Kamara.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

In the topic of the actual football, does anyone know if Glen Kamara’s suspension carries over into next seasons CL qualifiers for accumulated yellows? I suspect Balogun’s and Roofe’s red cards will stand but unsure on Kamara.

Should do.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

I would have done that too, but punching racists is always good.

Unless it’s in self defence or in a situation where you feel you are in danger then no it isn’t good.

I’ve seen a lot of damage, life changing damage done to people from a single punch. Racism is abhorrent however doesn’t justify potential endangering someone.

Celtic da’s here trying to claim IF a *** has lamped Kudela they are ‘equally as disgusting’. Wtf?

I don’t condone vigilante justice, but given not many on here will know what it feels like to be racially abused, you can’t criticise someone for acting out physically after it has happened to them/a friend/colleague/fellow black man IMHO

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge