Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Get it so far up you Rangers and Celtic. 

Cry, blame others, then f**k off and play somewhere else please. 

This! This! This! Where the f**k did all those Northern Super Premierish European Alsorans Super Tryhards Not quite Big Enough Super Leagues go? All the rage a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Has there ever been a week when the ugly sisters have both been been so comprehensively shafted in Europe ?

7 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Surely the year they were both in champions league group stages had a week like this 

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

I don't know but I'm looking forward to more weeks like this. 

With aggregate 9 goal defeat - this is worst week for OF in European history.

Surpasses 8 being Celtic 0-2 Leipzig and Rangers 1-7 Liverpool on 11th/12th Oct 2022. There have been couple of 7s, some 6s, etc.

Another frightfully disappointing evening for the other half of the 'cream of Scottish football'. 

Sadly that's twice in the same week that luck has gone against those proud clubs.

Desperately, desperately upsetting for fans of the other forty Scottish league clubs whose admiration and respect for the Big 2 has taken a bashing again tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Another frightfully disappointing evening for the other half of the 'cream of Scottish football'. 

Sadly that's twice in the same week that luck has gone against those proud clubs.

Desperately, desperately upsetting for fans of the other forty Scottish league clubs whose admiration and respect for the Big 2 has taken a bashing again tonight. 

Aye but...but...but...budgets.

4 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

That's a couple of wonderful European results but I'm sure it will be the diddies fault that it happened. 

Still, they have each other. 

RangersCeltic_crop_exact.jpg.7b94a358f1b7e858c16a777473809282.jpg

It’s 100% the fault of the opposition they play domestically. We should all have used a religion to divide us from a close rival and then harnessed this to make wads of cash and shat all over society by letting our religious rivalry spill over into society.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

Please now you and the other lot f**k off and fight yourselves into eternity somewhere else, like you always wanted, where the rest of us don't have to endure you. You tedious, over-hyped, obnoxious, bigoted, elephantine excuses for football clubs.

47 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

With aggregate 9 goal defeat - this is worst week for OF in European history.

Surpasses 8 being Celtic 0-2 Leipzig and Rangers 1-7 Liverpool on 11th/12th Oct 2022. There have been couple of 7s, some 6s, etc.

Thanks for that confirmation !

Woeful that.

Whilst we conceded two in the opening 20 minutes, I thought we actually started quite brightly, but then it descended into a shapeless mess. The Cerny miss was pathetic and was punished immediately.

Special mention for Souttar who turned in probably his worst performance for us tonight. He looked terrified to engage with an (albeit pacy) Lyon forward line, to the extent they were about 12 yards out so many times without a tackle being made.

There are slight signs of positivity on the left with Jefte and Bajrami, but even then, it was a poor mistake from Jefte that led to the first goal.

Lyon looked maybe a class or two above, but they weren’t untouchable. They were shaky at the back and were clearly uncomfortable playing out of defence evidenced by the amount of times they played it long. But because we were terrified of balls in behind we were far too deep to capitalise on this and try and win the ball higher up the pitch.

Awful error from Barron to gift them a goal and he was really lost tonight.

The Dowell sub at half time, for me, is madness. Even if Lawrence is injured and needs to be hooked, I’d much rather have brought on McCausland and moved Bajrami into the 10. Bringing on Dowell, who is scarily casual and displays no urgency, left us chasing shadows in midfield. That improved slightly when Raskin came on who managed to break up play a few times but the damage was done by then.

Tavernier with his usual as well, allowing a man to ghost in at the back post to score. He can’t run anymore and has to be taken out the team.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

That's a couple of wonderful European results but I'm sure it will be the diddies fault that it happened. 

I’ve yet to hear a Rangers fan say anything remotely like this.