The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Yet they still have a core vote of 33/34%. I accept that hard core Tories aren't going to move to Labour, but you would expect some drift towards their old partners the Lib Dems, but that ain't happening either.

I see the Labour tactic of letting the Tories blow themselves up, before announcing what they would do differently/what they stand for. However, that runs the risk of Sunak coming in and giving the Tory vote a bounce, as he distances himself from partygate, and gives them what they want.

See a Tory donor is asking for his donation back as he did not get VFM - which surely can't be true as Boris assured everyone we were not a corrupt country back at COP26.

Apparently he didn't get a £40k a year government sinecure or goodies that included breakfast with the prime minister, a Japanese meal with Jeremy Hunt and a “magical show” by former defence secretary Penny Mordaunt, who once worked as a magician’s assistant.

Give me back my £200,000, major donor tells Tories | Conservatives | The Guardian

Actually I'm quite impressed with Penny Mordaunt's ex-career and would consider voting Tory for the first time in my life if she became the new leader and campaigned in tights and spangly costume, a bit like the lovely Debbie McGee - not quite DM but it's as near as I could get.

See the source image

Edited by btb

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A timely reminder that there is a constituency full of grown adults who voted for, and very likely will continue to vote for Nadine Dorries*.

They are the unseen villains of this country.

*insert any number of these grifting scumbags in her place.

There will be at least a few who just do it because they find her tv interviews funny.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Nobody knew much about her or particularly cared until Dom called her Princess Nut Nut.

There was the night the police were called because of screams and sounds of pans getting thrown around when Boris was stopping over in her flat. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A timely reminder that there is a constituency full of grown adults who voted for, and very likely will continue to vote for Nadine Dorries*.

These are the hard core constituencies who will vote for a monkey in a blue rosette. So fucking depressing. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Would be nice if you could choose “none of the above” on the ballot paper 

On 05/02/2022 at 09:00, Michael W said:

Warning: it's excruciating. 

All joking aside, I think ND is spiraling. Each interview she seems much more unhinged than the last. Maybe the events of the last few months are too much for her.

The reluctance to say if/when she spoke to BoJo is odd. Maybe she is in more contact with him than Carrie knows or would like.... 🤔 

On Carrie, I've no sympathy that they are now coming after her. She knew exactly what she was doing when she hooked up with him. Not forgetting she was having an affair with him in the knowledge his wife was going through cancer treatment. They are using each other as much ad each other. Either she is just a spice and in which case shouldn't be near 'work meetings' and so he and she is in breach of security acts etc OR she is a working member of Govt and so is fair game for criticism. She cannot have her cake and eat it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/07/boris-johnson-not-a-complete-clown-says-guto-harri-new-press-chief?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

"Boris Johnson is “not a complete clown”, his new communications director has said, as he revealed that the prime minister initiated a defiant rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s I Will Survive when the pair met last week."

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/07/boris-johnson-not-a-complete-clown-says-guto-harri-new-press-chief?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

"Boris Johnson is “not a complete clown”, his new communications director has said, as he revealed that the prime minister initiated a defiant rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s I Will Survive when the pair met last week."

Not "complete" in that he only has the clown hair and bumbling manner. He hasn't gone full Coco with the makeup. 

Yet. 

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I get strong "The Thick Of It" vibes from all this.