Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

All this commuting on the M25is totally unnecessary.  All of these people could buy houses closer to there work or get a job closer to where they live.

The absolute terrible beauty of this whole farrago, kicked off by virginton applying his own limited life experience as the gold standard, is that we all agreed that, were Public Transport available, affordable, and reliable, we'd absolutely use it.

Then the mumbling strawclown tells us all not to use it.

This whole shitshow must have the likes of Ianucci and Chris Morris shaking their heads. There is simply no way you can satirise our current leaders. I have seen so many links posted reently qualified by "seriously, this isn't from the Eye.."

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Far too many people in London with an inflated sense of how important they and their job are.

TBF if they feel like they'll get sacked if they don't go in, what are they going to do. This isn't their doing. 

It's not unrealistic to assume large employers will have been working behind the scenes with the government to allow them to be ready to meet the guidance.
Not everyone will open straight away
No doubt they have, but they now have less than 2 days to make sure they have everything in place and acceptable to their workers, even more so in places like manufacturing where there is likely to be a trade union representation.

Last night's announcement has certainly caught a few folk on the hop, my mate is a golf pro and the earliest get were expecting to be open was June.Screenshot_20200511-123100_Facebook.jpg

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The absolute terrible beauty of this whole farrago, kicked off by virginton applying his own limited life experience as the gold standard, is that we all agreed that, were Public Transport available, affordable, and reliable, we'd absolutely use it.

Then the mumbling strawclown tells us all not to use it.

This whole shitshow must have the likes of Ianucci and Chris Morris shaking their heads. There is simply no way you can satirise our current leaders. I have seen so many links posted reently qualified by "seriously, this isn't from the Eye.."

Wellcome to the post-truth, post-irony age where uninformed opinion is as valid as verifiable facts.  Not sure where we go next.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

I do wonder if The Tosser is going to pull the nuclear lever and withdraw furlough as a tool to get Scotland into line with the English measures. Scenes at that point.

I think it’s already in place until the end of June.  Might be modified after that to cover things like pubs and restaurants only.

Cheers Nicola!

The proposed legislation has a range of measures to help Scotland through the pandemic, she explains.

It provides additional support for unpaid carers by ensuring that carers allowance recipients will receive an extra payment on top of the carers allowance supplement.

Around 83,000 carers will receive an additional £230 next month.

72qo.gif

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wellcome to the post-truth, post-irony age where uninformed opinion is as valid as verifiable facts.  Not sure where we go next.

Hey, we've only got a few more years of it before we go to live on a farm, auld fella. And the knowledge that it can be, and has been done better. It's my kids and grandkids I feel sorry for - imagine believing, for lack of other experience, that life has to be like this.

Our generation has fúcked up, and even though I've tried to be a decent person throughout, I feel guilty that I haven't done enough to stop the cúnts of the idiocracy taking over.

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Hey, we've only got a few more years of it before we go to live on a farm, auld fella. And the knowledge that it can be, and has been done better. It's my kids and grandkids I feel sorry for - imagine believing, for lack of other experience, that life has to be like this.

Our generation has fúcked up, and even though I've tried to be a decent person throughout, I feel guilty that I haven't done enough to stop the cúnts of the idiocracy taking over.

Yeah, I think you reach a point in your life where it stops being about you and is all about your children and grandchildren.

It looks like a bleak prospect but we have to put our faith in younger people and trust they won’t fùck it up the way previous generations, including our own, have.

37 minutes ago, greendot said:

BBC doing their finest on the rolling news section.

False.thumb.jpg.305fea850b014cbf86e2625eb9e43fb8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I see that the BBC news website has changed Laura Kuenssbergs job title to more accurately reflect her status.......

By Laura Kuenssberg, falsePolitical editor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-52558197

Aye :whistle

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it’s already in place until the end of June.  Might be modified after that to cover things like pubs and restaurants only.

Is there anything to stop them pulling it earlier or amending the business type eligible for it?

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is there anything to stop them pulling it earlier or amending the business type eligible for it?

Technically no.  I think they would be conscious of the political backlash though.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

5 covid deaths in Scotland in the latest briefing. I’m assuming the tinpot “we don’t work weekends” in regards to registering deaths is still in place? 

The deaths are being reported over the weekend, its once they reach the government that they don't work weekends so there's a delay from their end rather than the hospitals.