Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

Yes, but by a bloke from Serco/G4S etc whose job is to basically makes sure you put the right thing in the envelope. 

Not sure if that's the same at all the centres right enough, but it was at the one I went to. 

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

lol. There's that wonderful public and private partnership that Matt Hancock is so fond of.

Sodexo are running the Prestwick/Glasgow/Edinburgh airport sites and the subs are Security Scotland. G4S seem to be doing a lot of the English sites

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I've got  a headache, a runny nose and a bit of a temperature.  I will reasess myself in the morning, I'm trying to think how many patients I have seen in the last few days plus how many folk I saw at my football yesterday.  A fucking shitload is the answer.  I will be decidedly pissed off if I have this as I have a pile of patient follow ups I need to do this week.

I'm having some beer and watching Scrubs to see if that helps me.  Happy days.

Keep well and good luck.

That R number contribution from schools is even higher than I thought it would be.

This ridiculous "you can't have everything!" approach looks worse by the day. Although the narrative is now firmly shifting to "we need tae save Christmas fur the weans!:

23 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Imagine thinking China didn’t underplay this in the beginning 😆

They did but their response has been a lot better than America and here. Our leaders lied to us to try to save the economy then ruined it even more by delaying.

china didn’t have months of warning. Trumps government shut down their scientists and replaced some of them for telling the truth.

Also confirmed that they changed the advice on masks because despite being told to make more masks they didn’t and were going to run out. One expert has been writing to the us government since Obama saying that this was going to happen as China were the main manufacturer.

The uk probably did the same but not confirmed yet.

American government blocked and outbid their own states admins from buying PPE then awarded contracts to five companies to manufacture PPE.

Trump admin lying about drugs and charging $3000 for a drug that costs $10.

This isn’t a government it’s a bunch of businessmen.

Edited by D.A.F.C

New scotgov publications. Travel one interesting. You can travel in and out of tier 3 ro play golf. All under 18 sport can continue in a crossing into tier 3 areas or out of.
Also no ban on holidays as in England 1657638824_Screenshot_20201101-213959_Samsung20Internet.thumb.jpeg.0e3783cc3818a2c71d22ee60324ac70f.jpeg381193087_Screenshot_20201101-215653_Samsung20Internet.thumb.jpeg.c68ffffa28ebd259648b961b57b2b007.jpeg

The key word is guidance, ultimately all of those things listed mean f**k all as you cannot be punished for choosing to ignore them, you can travel to a lower tiered area and use hospitality and they can’t get in trouble for serving you.
Anyway Travel restrictions can f**k off . If the situation is serious enough to warrant that then it’s seriously enough to either shut schools or make huge changes to the way they operate. This schools -normal / everything else banned is unacceptable

Trumps government shut down their scientists and replaced some of them for telling the truth

In the business world, Trump has always tried to punt out external people (eg press reporters) who tell any truths which show him up, usually by threatening them with a lawsuit using a rather expensive lawyer. Sadly it's usually worked, even when they've been right.

I think we'd all agree that withdrawing the JRS is poor whilst significant restrictions on businesses remain in place. But I don't see the issue with this particular stance - it should be fairly obvious why it would be impossible for us to be allowed to make use of the JRS, whilst those elsewhere only have access to the JSS.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Trumps government shut down their scientists and replaced some of them for telling the truth

In the business world, Trump has always tried to punt out external people (eg press reporters) who tell any truths which show him up, usually by threatening them with a lawsuit using a rather expensive lawyer. Sadly it's usually worked, even when they've been right.

A rather expensive lawyer that by all accounts Trump doesn't pay either. 

Seems coincidental that the very areas who’s denizens are unable to follow the basic rules, are in SNP heartlands. I’m mindful that they like “free things” and not adhering to guidance, but why on Earth do the rest of us, especially this end of the M8 have to endure the same sacrifices?

Seems coincidental that the very areas who’s denizens are unable to follow the basic rules, are in SNP heartlands. I’m mindful that they like “free things” and not adhering to guidance, but why on Earth do the rest of us, especially this end of the M8 have to endure the same sacrifices?

IMG_2211.jpg