Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:

In terms of impact of any measures taken you have to assume so. What's happening in care homes is going to need to be dragged into the light after this and probably some people held to account. But the success or failure of the lockdown etc surely has to be gauged on hospital deaths. 

It would be nice to think so wouldn’t it.  Personally I don’t see it happening.

Operation Cygnus should/would have looked at where PPE would have been required in such an event and the stocking level of said PPE.  This should/would have covered care homes as well as public transport, supermarkets, etc. as well as the NHS requirements.

But of course Cygnus was just an exercise that no-one took seriously despite a global Pandemic being identified as the biggest threat to the U.K.

It would be nice to think so wouldn’t it.  Personally I don’t see it happening.
Operation Cygnus should/would have looked at where PPE would have been required in such an event and the stocking level of said PPE.  This should/would have covered care homes as well as public transport, supermarkets, etc. as well as the NHS requirements.
But of course Cygnus was just an exercise that no-one took seriously despite a global Pandemic being identified as the biggest threat to the U.K.

The care home stuff absolutely reeks though. Channel 4 exposed some of the antics of sending people to care homes to die so they didnt appear in the stats, but since they are private profit making enterprises, there really needs to be an independent review of just how it has been allowed to rip through them the way it has.

We can all agree that they are clearly fertile hunting grounds for covid, but still. It's been explosive.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

The care home stuff absolutely reeks though. Channel 4 exposed some of the antics of sending people to care homes to die so they didnt appear in the stats, but since they are private profit making enterprises, there really needs to be an independent review of just how it has been allowed to rip through them the way it has.

We can all agree that they are clearly fertile hunting grounds for covid, but still. It's been explosive.

I don’t disagree, but expecting care homes to carry the proper type and quantity of PPE as well as have protocols in place to handle a pandemic when the government is not offering any guidelines, let alone imposing conditions, is unrealistic.

This, all of this, stems from a lack of central direction from a government who ran a simulation four years ago and totally ignored its findings.

I don’t disagree, but expecting care homes to carry the proper type and quantity of PPE as well as have protocols in place to handle a pandemic when the government is not offering any guidelines, let alone imposing conditions, is unrealistic.
This, all of this, stems from a lack of central direction from a government who ran a simulation four years ago and totally ignored its findings.

I agree to an extent. The government are at the top of the pyramid, but these private enterprises have responsibility for those under there care and charge accordingly. Thankfully I have never seen the contract/T&Cs involved, nor had to foot the enormous bill, but if I had, I would be looking very closely at it and seeking out someone to blame.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Also are care homes still using agency staff to make up for shortages of staff? You could've had one carrier shedding the virus to many vulnerable people. 

The lad I know of who died was working in a nursing home.

The delay in testing, adequate PPE and the general environment has created the perfect storm for infections in these places.

26 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Fed up of the NHS getting all the goodies. My missus is a carer and gets nothing. I want free video games to play too. 😭

They got free Dominos a month or so ago, my mum gave me one nobody wanted.

28 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Singapore Uni has come up with some way of knowing when this will all end for each country

It's in Thai https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/771668

news_DIeXKZiBjP085752_533.jpg.0e897b58ec

I don't speak Thai, would you mind going into a little detail about which conditions are required for these deadlines?

Seems a bit finger in the air at first glance, like everything else.

Also interesting that 100% World comes before 4 countries 😂

Edited by Todd_is_God

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So much this. They actually ran the figures, looked at the results, and said, "f**k it, that looks like too much hard work."

The chances of this or any other real-life assessment of how badly these charlatans have betrayed this country shifting Johnson's brat off the front pages anytime soon? Probably less than zero.

I use the word "betrayed" deliberately, btw. These cúnts are public servants, i.e. they work for us. The first duty of any Government is to ensure the safety of the country and its people. Not only have this shower failed in this basic duty, they have knowingly failed to take the measures required to ensure as far as possible the safety of the populace. That is wilful neglect of duty, and in my book, treason.

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If that's the case, there should be a public outcry, and people brought to account. There won't be, of course, and no doubt any (opposition) politician raising this will be howled down as a "traitor".

Were the devolved administrations appraised of this simulation and its findings? If so, do they not bear some responsibility for the fiasco?

If they weren't appraised of the findings, why not?