Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

kicking-a-midget-gif-4.gif.ba4f076ef4c776520c5ca2332faa7a2f.gif

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Surprised more isn’t being made our (Scotland’s) paltry testing numbers. 1,205 puts us at 2.8% of the UK’s total for yesterday - can say goodbye to easing any restrictions with numbers like that.

Could it be we are saving tests for when we do ease restrictions?

Booze ban in Thailand will come to and end on 1st May. Unless the government extend.

Well here we fucking go.  Talk is that there will be a grace of 2 days 1st and 2nd May to buy booze, as they think people will still gather if alcohol is on sale.  Therefore, 2 days will be ok to gather and panic buy (shops will be mobbed again). 

Shirley not, this idea is bat shit fucking mental.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1909424/booze-sale-grace-period-on-the-cards 

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Could it be we are saving tests for when we do ease restrictions?

So we would ease restrictions *and then* try to find out where the virus is and do contact tracing? 

Not testing people going into care homes from hospitals, nor the care staff, is mental if the capacity exists to test. If 1200 to 1500 is really all we can do as we head into May, there ought to be a lot more questions being asked than is currently the case. 

What's the bottleneck with testing? Isn't it just a basic PCR or is it more complicated?
My brother and sister in law both went for tests on Sunday. She failed to even get tested as she found it impossible to keep her tongue out the way when they were trying to swab her tonsils, he needs to wait for 5 days for the results.

Think somebody nailed it further up the thread when they said that Hancock will start saying that the capability to carry out 100k tests per day is there, but people aren't going for the tests.

On 28/04/2020 at 02:04, Bairnardo said:

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

23 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It's the easiest thing in the world to mock shit like this but it's an important human trait. Feeling connected to something bigger and more important, even in very small ways, is good for us.

Was the origins of the clapping thing from Italy? I hope it was started by ordinary people rather than an authority-led idea. But it doesn't matter, as people have taken it for themselves.

It should never be used to excuse or cover up the failings of preparation by those in charge. And it's perfectly reasonable, and I'd argue its actual normal, to both support the workers of the nhs and also be critical of mistakes made by the government.

0DCE073F-4BF2-4E5B-B265-C29FC7F8404B.gif

So any family with someone travelling to work, or anyone over 65 in England can now get tested if they have symptoms. If these measures are not extended to Scotland asap there will be plenty questions to answer.

So any family with someone travelling to work, or anyone over 65 in England can now get tested if they have symptoms. If these measures are not extended to Scotland asap there will be plenty questions to answer.

I think they have been?

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can honestly say I’ve found about 5% (max), of the “nurses” posted attractive. I guess the slut/dirty look does nothing for me 

Calling our proud, brave NHS workers sluts? You should be made do 100 laps of your back garden and think about your comments 😠.