Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Johnson has shown how weak he is to public opinion in the last couple of days. Was more than happy to boot families out of the country if a relative worked for the NHS and had just died of Covid, and he was more than happy to charge £650 a year for foreign-born NHS workers to use the same service they provide. The only thing that changed his mind was opinion polls and backlash.

Any resignation/‘sacking’ will be in name only but if polls show it’s supported by the majority it may well happen. Important this sticks around.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm looking forward to hear what Carlaw has to say about Cummings.

Lest we forget what he said about Catherine Calderwood.

"Dr Calderwood's position is very difficult, untenable even, given the damage this has caused public trust," he said.

“The vast majority of Scots are complying with official advice to stay home and protect our NHS.

"There cannot be one rule for the bosses and another one for everyone else."

Next week's First Minister's Questions. Probably to be asked by Angus MacNeil.

"Does the First Minister agree with the recent comments made by Jackson Carlaw that there cannot be one rule for the bosses and another for everyone else"

The government closing ranks and doing nothing on this is utterly predictable and infuriating. It shows perfectly the mindset they have, it's 'them and us', 'we'll set the rules but they do not apply to us'.

It's one clusterfuck after another, and yet a huge part of me feels we have the government we deserve. We elected to stay in this union and allow England to put these c***s in power every few years.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d imagine that Cummings and his missus have the financial wherewithal to arrange emergency paid childminding more easily than most folk faced with that dilemma.

Any and every excuse will be used, I just hope voters in Scotland take note of these double standards.

I think most of us in Scotland already do

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

The c**t isn’t even a Tory, he’s a fucking parasitic leech.

So he's a member of the Windsor family

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The government closing ranks and doing nothing on this is utterly predictable and infuriating. It shows perfectly the mindset they have, it's 'them and us', 'we'll set the rules but they do not apply to us'.

It's one clusterfuck after another, and yet a huge part of me feels we have the government we deserve. We elected to stay in this union and allow England to put these c***s in power every few years.

I agree but that was 6 years ago.

As Bob Dylan says "For the times they are a-changin'"

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Charlie Brooker had me this morning ngl. 

He's now got Twitter Tories trying to get him banned  for impersonating their beloved Laura K.

The same Tories that rebranded their Twitter account as Factcheck UK during the election.

51 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

It's a Tory irregular verb:

I exercised common sense.

You broke the law.

see also - rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men (self-appointed or otherwise)

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The SNP anger at this is a bit off to me, seems like they are more annoyed at the fact they got pressured into binning Calderwood than they are about Cummings behaviour itself.

They acted no differently in the interim period when the story broke. As more information came to light, the story didn't stack up and Calderwood had to go. She resigned of her own accord, however. 

Tonight's briefing ought to be fun for whatever chump is sent out to defend this. My money's on Gove. 

They acted no differently in the interim period when the story broke. As more information came to light, the story didn't stack up and Calderwood had to go. She resigned of her own accord, however. 
Tonight's briefing ought to be fun for whatever chump is sent out to defend this. My money's on Gove. 

Journalists won’t be given an opportunity to question it and it’ll be brushed off. Let’s face it.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

The SNP anger at this is a bit off to me, seems like they are more annoyed at the fact they got pressured into binning Calderwood than they are about Cummings behaviour itself.

I don't think it really matters. It goes without saying that everyone in the SNP ranks will be disgusted with his behaviour alone, much like everybody else is, but it's an extra kick in the stones that it looks like he will get away with the lot of it. The SNP should absolutely be kicking up a stink about this. Lets face it, the tory media aren't going to, are they?