UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A pivotal moment hopefully, where all players begin to put the fight before the competition. Hopefully see more of the same happening. No more tellings off over the tannoy, and 2 or 3 chances. Just fucking walk. Shut the game down if needed

Agreed. I really wish the England team walked off away in Bulgaria last year. Sickening that the crowd were just given a telling off. 

Crazy stuff in that PSG - Istanbul Basaksehir game. I think everyone was prepared that something like that would happen coming from football fans, but it's pretty unthinkable that it came from a UEFA official.

Going to be very interesting to see UEFA's reaction here, especially given the strict liability rules they implement for clubs. As a minimum, they need to hold themselves to that same standard. Firm response required.

Game in Paris still not restarted. Would be best if it was abandoned as that was send out a even bigger message. I’m sure the officials will be doing everything to get the game restarted but both clubs should just say ‘f**k it, we’re not being officiated by this lot’. UEFA will shit themselves from taking action against these clubs. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they tried. 

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Barcelona need a major rebuild. Tear it down to the studs.

They should have sold Messi in the summer. Could have made a lot of money and used that to finance the rebuild.

Given that Messi clearly doesn’t want to be there that’d have made sense.

Its also very difficult for Koeman whilst Messi is still there.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given that Messi clearly doesn’t want to be there that’d have made sense.

Its also very difficult for Koeman whilst Messi is still there.

Aye. It's always going to be difficult to move on from a legendary player like that, but you're trying to win competitions here. Messi was leaving in 12 months regardless and you weren't going to win anything in that period anyway. You need to be thinking about the next trophy-winning team, and Messi isn't going to be in that. So the right thing to do was to shift him - you surely could have extorted PSG or Man City for silly money.