Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

How McBurnie was given the whole second half is beyond me.
That was a compassionate decision, not a footballing decision. He literally did nothing at all for 45 minutes.
It seemed obvious to me that Clarke is trying to break McBurnie's duck and get him past this sticking point in his Scotland career. I commend the approach but we shouldn't be jeopardising competitive results to do so. I realise there are virtually no friendlies either, so it makes you wonder where SC will go with McBurnie from this point on

Hopefully sees the end of McGinn in the midfield two. He can't play there, it's not his fault, he just doesn't have the brain for it. Doesn't know what he's supposed to do or where he's supposed to be. He either plays near the striker or he doesn't play.

First half showed the template for how to play McBurnie in this side.

Griffiths isn't capable at this level, not until he's fit anyway.

Armstrong is probably first choice for me. Armstrong - Dykes - Fraser could be an exceptional forward line.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Here’s a novel idea. Take international matches seriously and don’t get pished between games....

The only people who said they got pished are fans, btw. There's no suggestion from anyone inside the camp that that happened. Do you really think Steve Clarke would have allowed it? He said it broke up fairly early and naturally.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Here’s a novel idea. Take international matches seriously and don’t get pished between games....

I actually had the same thought that maybe they should have shelved the celebrations, but even then its two away games two and a half days apart, in different countries.  Its a massive, massive, massive, ridiculous ask to ask anyone to play all of both.  Tierney the only one that did and testament to his fitness but also because playing LCB in first game he didn't do much running.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I watched closer after you said that and obviously you were right. That's the only selection that didn't seem right.

We can't rely on Jack to play all 3 games, he's too injury prone. So that's probably priority number one if I'm Clarke. If we don't get that area right then going forward won't matter very much.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just because you keep saying "they didn't take it seriously" doesn't make it so.

You can look at the lineup in advance and make your mind up what the performance will be like, not letting petty things such as the actual match get in the way of your blinkered viewpoint.

Or you can watch the game, see that we outplayed the sort of team we often struggle against, away from home, and that we clearly took the game very seriously.

I'll go with the latter option.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yes, head to head. So if we finish level with the Czechs, we're through. If we finish level with Israel, we're out.

It's impossible to finish level with Israel. Either we go there needing to better the Czech result in the final game, get a draw or we'll have already won the group.

9 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

We need to the be the highest ranked League B team. We may have just thrown that away.

Oh, I see.  Having had a look at the other Group B sections it looks like we have blown it  in terms of being the best group winner. 

Hopefully, the Irish will beat Wales in the next game this afternoon to try and address that. 

Edited by qos_75