Death penalty

welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm normally 100% against state sanctioned murder outside a battlefield, but I'd make an exception for this c**t. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-kidnapped-raped-buried-texas-teen-alive-executed-n1248333

Agree in this case as there is no mitigation for these actions whatsoever. Having said that, don't know if I'd like to read an article that recounts all the details of the execution quite so deeply again. Weird.

If your opposition to the death penalty fails in this case then I don't see why it would stand up in other similarly heinous crimes. So you're probably not 'normally 100% against' at all, seeing as the main arguments against are applicable regardless of the severity of the crime.

Edited by AMMjag

31 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

If your opposition to the death penalty fails in this case then I don't see why it would stand up in other similarly heinous crimes. So you're probably not 'normally 100% against' at all, seeing as the main arguments against are applicable regardless of the severity of the crime.

Rationally I'm 100% against the death penalty in all cases on principle, and would always vote against the state's right to murder, but emotionally I hope this guy died a particularly painful death.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The Birmingham Six would likely have been hanged in the 1970s if the UK had still had the Death Penalty.

They were fitted up.

That's why it's always been a "No" from me.

This.  Plus if anyone wants to see how ineffective a deterrent capital punishment is then look at the USA.

Death itself is no punishment for people who commit crimes of this horrible nature. 

I don't really know what the answer is but I'd edge on the idea that they should never have another easy day for the rest of their lives. Quite how that would manifest I'm not sure but it should be an inch away from torture. 

7 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Death itself is no punishment for people who commit crimes of this horrible nature. 

I don't really know what the answer is but I'd edge on the idea that they should never have another easy day for the rest of their lives. Quite how that would manifest I'm not sure but it should be an inch away from torture. 

Never-ending repeats of Mrs Brown's Boys IMO

In third place, a good flaying like they used to do for the heretics.

In second place, unarmed combat with wild beasts, like they used to do for the Christians. 

But the best capital punishment is the one out of Shaka Zulu where they shove a sharpened log up the offenders bottom, turn it vertical and watch them slide down. 

The Americans are really a bunch of pussies with this medicine shite. 

Our tactic of inadequate protection among the prison population works a treat for us. No appeals for Fred West. 

Anyway. Not in favour, it's barbaric. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

In third place, a good flaying like they used to do for the heretics.

In second place, unarmed combat with wild beasts, like they used to do for the Christians. 

But the best capital punishment is the one out of Shaka Zulu where they shove a sharpened log up the offenders bottom, turn it vertical and watch them slide down. 

The Americans are really a bunch of pussies with this medicine shite. 

Our tactic of inadequate protection among the prison population works a treat for us. No appeals for Fred West. 

Anyway. Not in favour, it's barbaric. 

Shaka Zulu will be hearing from Vlad the Impaler's solicitor.