Missing In Action

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

A thought has just occured to me, if someone changes username can someone else steal the original name off them?

Yes, and there was someone who used to do that if someone changed. It's why @RandomGuy. and @The Grass Is Greener. have dots after their names and aren't @RandomGuy or @theg... well, I suppose TGIG could change his now.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yes, and there was someone who used to do that if someone changed. It's why @RandomGuy. and @The Grass Is Greener. have dots after their names and aren't @RandomGuy or @theg... well, I suppose TGIG could change his now.

Must have been before my time, could have some fun with that.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you change it again after your disastrous and curtailed Euros betting diary? Not that I can talk..

It's still going, definitely running a loss though, I'll tally it up after the final.

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was banned with the non dot version when the site updated and it locked, so just started a new account with the dot after the name.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Yes, and there was someone who used to do that if someone changed. It's why [mention=45470]RandomGuy.[/mention] and [mention=39917]The Grass Is Greener.[/mention] have dots after their names and aren't [mention=31296]RandomGuy[/mention] or@theg... well, I suppose TGIG could change his now.
The Grass is Greener seems to have been mia a long time now

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Well now don't I look foolish.

Naughty boy.

I was a wee fanny back then tbf.

Just now, keithgy said:

I was the one who banned you,i can't remember that.

I'm sure it was a 2 week suspension or something, that overlapped the site upgrading. Could never log on to that account again so just started a new one.

Never actually tried it since tbh.

I don’t like it when folk change their username on this. Your username is your identity - it’s who you are. Would you change your name multiple times in real life? Of course you wouldn’t. P&B is serious business. You can’t just be changing your username willy nilly. It’s not on.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I don’t like it when folk change their username on this. Your username is your identity - it’s who you are. Would you change your name multiple times in real life? Of course you wouldn’t. P&B is serious business. You can’t just be changing your username willy nilly. It’s not on.

These name changers usually have something to hide tbh 

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Somebody had a gay old time for a while cloning Grimbo's account with slight variations (Grim O"Grady) and gloating about all the phree munny he'd ripped off from P&B. Surprisingly effective; had a few regulars absolutely frothing. They probably still don't even realise.

Pretty sure someone could make a bit of cash by starting some kind of emergency P&B funding thread under a clone account called Dív or similar. You'd surely get a couple of hours to run at it before one of the mods noticed.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Somebody had a gay old time for a while cloning Grimbo's account with slight variations (Grim O"Grady) and gloating about all the phree munny he'd ripped off from P&B. Surprisingly effective; had a few regulars absolutely frothing. They probably still don't even realise.

Pretty sure someone could make a bit of cash by starting some kind of emergency P&B funding thread under a clone account called Dív or similar. You'd surely get a couple of hours to run at it before one of the mods noticed.

I had Grimbo on ignore for a long time but I always thought those accounts were him.