Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

10 minutes ago, strichener said:

Maybe he decided that being banned from a "loosely moderated fitba forum" was embarrassing enough without compounding it by coming crawling back.

It was the wee farewell post on the alias account that was the bigger minter for me E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It was the wee farewell post on the alias account that was the bigger minter for me E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

You don't see a good farewell/resignation post these days. Used to be folk would write a heartfelt and deeply cringey screed about why they were no longer going to post, much the amusement of all reading it.

Bring back resignation posts I say!

57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You don't see a good farewell/resignation post these days. Used to be folk would write a heartfelt and deeply cringey screed about why they were no longer going to post, much the amusement of all reading it.

Bring back resignation posts I say!

Seamus's was the ultimate. No one's ever topping that. I assume it's been culled by now. 

49 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, RawB93 said:
Honestly, who gives a rat's ass? 

First they came for Marshmallow, and I did not speak out, because I was not Marshmallow.

Pastor Diego?  Doesn’t really work does it?

On 12/09/2022 at 21:28, Flybhoy said:

Always thought he was a bit of a weapon with his obsession with dotting and dotting sprees and he made a bit of a tit of himself with his 'blocking xx user has greatly improved my forum experience' cringeworthy pish but, never thought he posted anything ban worthy or seemed the type to do so, therefore genuinely intrigued as to what he did to get the bullet, anyone got an idea?

Maybe battering folk with downvotes on the Depression thread again? Maybe not a banning offence but if folk are trying to open up about their mental health struggles and explaining how trivial stuff like social media or even this forum negatively affects them at times, battering them with downvotes is “playing the post” and fair game? 

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well that's complete bollocks.

Aye, lot of pish. 

I’m not buying it though. I reckon Mallo being banned is complete bollocks and it’ll probably turn out to be just another attempted wind-up.

57 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Maybe battering folk with downvotes on the Depression thread again? Maybe not a banning offence but if folk are trying to open up about their mental health struggles and explaining how trivial stuff like social media or even this forum negatively affects them at times, battering them with downvotes is “playing the post” and fair game? 

Aye, lot of pish. 

I’m not buying it though. I reckon Mallo being banned is complete bollocks and it’ll probably turn out to be just another attempted wind-up.

He's definitely banned, you can see that his profile looks different to the other ones. In terms of your first point, that doesn't really seem to ring true for me as something he'd do.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's definitely banned, you can see that his profile looks different to the other ones. In terms of your first point, that doesn't really seem to ring true for me as something he'd do.

A quick look at the dotting statistics shows that Marshmallo actually gave out more green than red. He used the reputation system as it was designed. It’s your man 8mileBU who is the one in a severe dotting deficit. Over 17,000 red dots handed out against only 7,800 green. The man has a reckless disregard for the mental health of other users of The Forum.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think I remember at the time people were accused of dot spreeing people on the Depression thread but it was never confirmed as true.

It definitely happened. I can't remember who it was. 

I believe the explanation and apology that followed used the excuse that he didn't read the actual posts and red dot, but merely went into the person he was targeting's profile and red dotted their content regardless of which thread it was in.