Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

18 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bobby Barr's goal wasn't bad either. Aaron Lennox could barely move in goal and we still won it comfortably. That was coming off the back of a win over St Mirren, and we went up to Tannadice the week after and were unlucky to only get a point. 

The falsest of false dawns. 

Aye, when the light on the horizon turns out to be a nuclear fireball.

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Lets be realistic here, are Dunfermline fans really going to sell out the away end with their poor last few games, fans unhappy with the manager and the game on council TV? I suspect not, there is no rush to get details out on the ticketing arrangements

Along with an expectation of defeat, according to most of them on here. With their forward line they've a reasonable chance, so they should get along and add to the atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Along with an expectation of defeat, according to most of them on here. With their forward line they've a reasonable chance, so they should get along and add to the atmosphere.

image.jpeg.27c5493f8834cf323b1905d7d2cf3be5.jpeg

Q. Your club has only 4 days to its first home league derby match with a crowd permitted for about 5 years. Only 24 hours ago, your club claimed a notable scalp of an on-form Premier League club, do you:

a) advertise the upcoming sale of tickets for the eagerly anticipated match as soon as possible, while counting down to the match on your social media channels, thereby capitalising on the feel good factor of the cup result?

or

b) do nothing, the game is being televised anyway so anyone who wants to can watch the game for free with a couple of beers.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I expect the club have had a read of the Pars thread on here and are wondering whether they can get away with just putting the Pars fans in the Railway Stand, what with all the folks saying they aren't going to head through now.

Or maybe we've forgotten the game is on Friday, not Saturday.

I’ll definitely be going but it would certainly have been more appealing on a Sat afternoon.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

They’re all on the piss after celebrating getting into the quarter finals unlike your mob emoji1303.png

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Lets be realistic here, are Dunfermline fans really going to sell out the away end with their poor last few games, fans unhappy with the manager and the game on council TV? I suspect not, there is no rush to get details out on the ticketing arrangements

Since your club will be benefitting financially from this game, surely it’s in the club’s best interest to actively encourage both sets of fans to attend the match by clearly setting out how people can buy tickets?

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bobby Barr's goal wasn't bad either. Aaron Lennox could barely move in goal and we still won it comfortably. That was coming off the back of a win over St Mirren, and we went up to Tannadice the week after and were unlucky to only get a point. 

The falsest of false dawns. 

I remember standing at Tannadice at the end of that game as everyone was chanting Gary Locke's name and just feeling completely bemused. An absolutely bizarre experience. I completely chucked the toys out the pram when we went from McKinnon to Locke. Ultimately, I did end up being right and the rot took longer to set in than expected. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Q. Your club has only 4 days to its first home league derby match with a crowd permitted for about 5 years. Only 24 hours ago, your club claimed a notable scalp of an on-form Premier League club, do you:

a) advertise the upcoming sale of tickets for the eagerly anticipated match as soon as possible, while counting down to the match on your social media channels, thereby capitalising on the feel good factor of the cup result?

or

b) do nothing, the game is being televised anyway so anyone who wants to can watch the game for free with a couple of beers.

Hats off to Raith it's a bold strategy.

Edited by 101

Our top scorer is injured and I don't think any of the rest of the team are a reliable bet for a goal.  Personally I'd rather we had Dunfermline's front 3 than Connolly, Zanatta and Varian but they do seem to be a bit of a mess defensively. If they stick to their recent formation hopefully we can get at them down the flanks through Tumilty and Dick.
Hopefully the extra 2 days rest and preparation time doesn't work in their favour. 

Connolly has been decent but Zanatta has been brilliant since coming in this season.

Better than the 2 players we lost in those positions imo.

My guess is that you haven’t seen much of them yet though, as that’s the only way you could have formed your opinion.

20 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

We know the day of the game,kick off time,prices and it,ll be purchase online.Just need the club to fire the link up on website

All the clubs have been complaining relentlessly about not having fans back in the stadiums. They should be absolutely bombarding us with information and incentives to get people in the stadium.

I’m actually frustrated Pars haven’t put something out saying “Sorry, we don’t have any information either”.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I have a season ticket. I received an email from Rovers yesterday to let me know my new seat number in the South Stand. As the Main Stand isn’t open to fans yet, I’ve been temporarily relocated. 

See the source image

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I have a season ticket. I received an email from Rovers yesterday to let me know my new seat number in the South Stand. As the Main Stand isn’t open to fans yet, I’ve been temporarily relocated. 

Just mind and take care. The South Stand's a little bit steeper than the Main. You don't want your monocle falling out and tumbling away down into the front row. 

56 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

All the clubs have been complaining relentlessly about not having fans back in the stadiums. They should be absolutely bombarding us with information and incentives to get people in the stadium.

I’m actually frustrated Pars haven’t put something out saying “Sorry, we don’t have any information either”.

Unfortunately Rovers have sadly lacked in bombarding fans with information or incentives.It would appear they dont think they need to