Normal Island

I notice that many of those upset with the new England top were the same folk who had said they were no longer following the team after players took the knee.

Nike did say that the flag was a homage to the 1966 strips and tracksuits, so glad to have it confirmed that not only did their world cup squad win it unfairly, they were also woke.

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Desperate Prime Minister weighs in for anti-woke votes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

Purely coincidental that none of them ever gave a shit on the other occasions that somebody fannied about with one of their precious flegs.

This part caught my eye - 

"Going on sale on 21 March, the "authentic" version is priced at £124.99 for adults and £119.99 for children, while a "stadium" version costs £84.99 and £64.99 for children"

Clucking Bell............................ !

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

This part caught my eye - 

"Going on sale on 21 March, the "authentic" version is priced at £124.99 for adults and £119.99 for children, while a "stadium" version costs £84.99 and £64.99 for children"

Clucking Bell............................ !

If eejits will pay it, that's what they'll sell it for.

I presume the difference is "nice special version for the affluent customers we want to attract" versus "cheap knock-off for the dirty paupers who'll have to save up, and that we wish we didn't need anymore".

You do have to wonder at what point a news presenter, rather than asking for opinions on this kind of stuff and sagely nodding along might say this is all a bit beneath us isn't it

3 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

You do have to wonder at what point a news presenter, rather than asking for opinions on this kind of stuff and sagely nodding along might say this is all a bit beneath us isn't it

News reporters and readers have a duty to maintain strict impartiality and any suggestion that a story might be frivilous could in itself be an indication of bias.  However, even seasoned pros have their limits

8 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

That's the kind of thing you save for your last day, whether you'd planned it to be or not.

36 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What on earth is the 'authentic' kit? Is it made of different material? 

Presumably it's just a device to extract more money out of morons. 

If it’s the same as they do for basketball jerseys it’ll be higher grade material and a more athletic cut, which means the top seller will likely be 4XL rather than the normal 2XL. 

1 hour ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

I notice that many of those upset with the new England top were the same folk who had said they were no longer following the team after players took the knee.

Nike did say that the flag was a homage to the 1966 strips and tracksuits, so glad to have it confirmed that not only did their world cup squad win it unfairly, they were also woke.

See also the Muricans that are jumping up and down that Taylor Swift is destroying the NFL that they don’t watch because Colin Kaepernick. I’m not one for conspiracy theories but if you told me that both governments had lied about taking lead out of the water system and simply trousered the cash earmarked for the pipe replacements, it’d make a lot of sense to me. 

On 16/03/2024 at 22:06, MazzyStar said:

IMG_2538.jpeg.d8c0a7aa5239161ffda90dcf81b53ef0.jpeg

Some Normal Island nostalgia

This is a great wake up call for those that think today’s media is batshit crazy. This is 20th Dan level. 

Tamara Beckwith ffs…

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Screenshot_20240322_203451_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.0d9210f67c59862d788d0f9b73671972.jpg

The idea that flags cant be altered on sports kits is ridiculous. 

adidas-team-gb-womens-football-jersey-p29442-254932_image.jpg

IMG_30751_clipped_rev_1.jpeg

Do you think Sunak realises that a significant percentage of the cretins that voted for Johnson won't vote for him because of one reason?

Some guy was on Sky News earlier saying that the England fans will only wave St Georges flags and won't wave this new interpretation. 

Harking back to 1966, there are more German flags than St Georges crosses in this shot.

The crowd at the 1966 World Cup final

Silly b*****ds, waving the wriong flag...