Ayr v Rovers - Boxing Day bash

Absolutely brutal stuff. Ayr have pressed us really well but it's all our own doing for their goal. Tumilty and Tait in particular have been poor. I think we'll do a lot better when Tait moves on and we can get Stanton into that midfield. For now though, we need a huge improvement in the second half. Games like today show how much we miss Brad Spencer. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

They've been hiding behind football terrorism from management and each other.

Tbf the terrorism continues... I still don't get why McGinty is playing and he's captain. That's a crime against humanity in my book.

That is comfortably the worst I have seen us this season. The only upside is that we surely, surely cannot be as bad as that second half. If we can find the real Reghan Tumilty at half time then play him, if it’s that boy that played right back there the now, sub him immediately please. 

That 45 minutes shows what a disastrously poor manager Duffy is. He didn't know his players or how to set them up. We've nearly all been saying it, play a high line and attack and the team can perform. It's easier to defend when you have players you can clear to.

Duffy and Hopkin are joint first in WOAT by a huge margin given the resources they had compared to part-time predecessors.

Really poor half. Our attack has been looking a bit lacking for a few weeks now, and it looks the same today. Lots of neat passing but no end result and cross balls all being over hit. But the main difference is that our usually solid defence looks woeful and lacking in confidence. Maybe the vital importance of Berra in there is showing. Lang and Tumilty utterly ponderous. On the plus side, it’s still only 1-0 and if we can tighten up at the back then you never know. This would be a tough watch in person, but even tougher on this stream. 

Just now, Saltire said:

That 45 minutes shows what a disastrously poor manager Duffy is. He didn't know his players or how to set them up. We've nearly all been saying it, play a high line and attack and the team can perform. It's easier to defend when you have players you can clear to.

Duffy and Hopkin are joint first in WOAT by a huge margin given the resources they had compared to part-time predecessors.

Hard to argue with you there. Totally agree I had Duffy level pegging with Roberts but he's worse.