The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I suspect they'll be fervently hoping a trans person commits some sort of sex crime so they can make a massive deal about it. 

... while at the same time desperately hoping that no non-trans person commits a sex crime around the same time. No doubt if that happens some will claim it's a Scottish Government false flag operation. 

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

037C2248-A030-4336-A092-ECC374E01141.jpeg

They’ve been coping the Republican Party in the US for a while 

They know they don’t have any real popular policies, so they stir up a phoney culture war as a distraction 

That was the unpopular policies are drowned out 

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If it wasn't such an important subject I'd bite your hand off  for the Tories to try and overturn a piece of Holyrood legislation with support from every party in the Parliament. 

Aye, I wonder how many people know that the “most powerful devolved Parliament in the world” line is a con perpetuated by (unsurprisingly) con artists, whose goal is to ensure that everything is technically reserved to Westminster. It’s the perfect answer to UK Nats who squeal “stop blaming Westminster and start using the powers you have” - why bother, when Westminster can just say “no” to Scottish decisions on “devolved” matters?

But aye - the UK choosing this issue to remind Scotland its Parliament has no final say over anything, devolved or otherwise, is particularly nefarious.

33 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If it wasn't such an important subject I'd bite your hand off  for the Tories to try and overturn a piece of Holyrood legislation with support from every party in the Parliament. 

People who support independence so Scotland can make its it’s decisions is upset that the Scottish parliament is making its own decisions and want the Tories to overturn it 

49 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

People who support independence so Scotland can make its it’s decisions is upset that the Scottish parliament is making its own decisions and want the Tories to overturn it 

I absolutely believe in the principles of Scottish independence; as a nation, Scotland should be able to make its own decisions*.

* Unless I dislike even one of those decisions, in which case I have no principles; as a nation, Scotland should not to be able to make its own decisions.

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Isnt it nice for all these auld white blokes to be caring about women's rights for a change

At least it'll give them a wee break from crying about VETERANS ON THE STREETS, Clarkson being CANCELLED and Beth Mead having the cheek to be rewarded for sporting achievement. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

They’ve been coping the Republican Party in the US for a while 

They know they don’t have any real popular policies, so they stir up a phoney culture war as a distraction 

That was the unpopular policies are drowned out 

Dangerous strategy, a lot fewer people care about culture war issues than you'd think from social media and it can put voters off. Look what happened to Alba.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Dangerous strategy, a lot fewer people care about culture war issues than you'd think from social media and it can put voters off. Look what happened to Alba.

most people couldnt give a shite, but those who do are very loud and visible leading to the false impression of them being everywhere

52 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Rapists charter !!

So........ let me get this right...  🤔 hmmm... a trans person needs a "Charter" to be a rapist. Without one, presumably they can't be a rapist.... hmmm.... 🤔... charters... charters... 

I don't know why nobody has thought of this before! Absolute genius! 

All the Government has to do is remove the "Charter" that non-trans people must have had for millennia and that's rape abolished!  How has something so obvious been missed? Just stop giving out charters! 

3 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I suspect they'll be fervently hoping a trans person commits some sort of sex crime so they can make a massive deal about it. 

Which will happen at some point because, shockingly, trans people are as human as any other group. It'll be held up as evidence while sex crimes by cisgender men (and, amazingly enough, women) that the law didn't stop are ignored.

What cowards like Linehan are hoping for is that they can inspire the wannabe criminals in their own support to start assaulting people and hiding behind gender dysphoria as a protection. Deep down he knows that anyone who does this will be treated like a criminal, which is why he's too much of a shitebag to actually do it himself.

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

The GC lot sound a bunch of QAnon-level cultists. 

Fucking lunatics.

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Which will happen at some point because, shockingly, trans people are as human as any other group. It'll be held up as evidence while sex crimes by cisgender men (and, amazingly enough, women) that the law didn't stop are ignored.

What cowards like Linehan are hoping for is that they can inspire the wannabe criminals in their own support to start assaulting people and hiding behind gender dysphoria as a protection. Deep down he knows that anyone who does this will be treated like a criminal, which is why he's too much of a shitebag to actually do it himself.

It’s notable that some prominent GC’s were among the loudest voices howling that Alex Belfield’s conviction was a travesty of justice. They always tell on themselves. 

6 hours ago, Antlion said:

037C2248-A030-4336-A092-ECC374E01141.jpeg

Over the past 12 months or so I've said repeatedly that the Tories would inevitably turn the next GE into a bunfight over culture wars pish, because they have absolutely no credibility on anything else. I can't say it pleases me to have been proven correct.