Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The state of this. 

20220227_120824.jpg

Got to respect the government for sticking to their xenophobic principles.

If refugees get to Poland or Romania first then Poland and Romania should deal with them. 

Although i'm sure we can make exceptions if any Russian oligarchs want to pop across to spend some time with their money. 

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's probably just more that the psychopaths have better platforms to publish their fantasies to now.

I'm more of a Death Wish, lone vigilante style fantasist, rather than the Commando comics type. Fortunately, I'm also aware that actual vigilantism is A Bad Thing.

someone ought to let him know Ukraine are setting up a foreign legion, so he can show those cowardly locals how it's meant to be done. Ideally he could start by offering his insight to the Klitschko brothers. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If refugees get to Poland or Romania first then Poland and Romania should deal with them. 

Although i'm sure we can make exceptions if any Russian oligarchs want to pop across to spend some time with their money. 

This is just another in a long line of somewhat awkward "Vote Tory, Get Tory" moments for Englands electorate.  Some of whom will undoubtedly have changed tack on immigration based on the fact that Ukranians aren't brown, and will be surprised to learn their MP doesn't share their new found humanity. 

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

someone ought to let him know Ukraine are setting up a foreign legion, so he can show those cowardly locals how it's meant to be done. Ideally he could start by offering his insight to the Klitschko brothers. 

Oh, there are thousands of British civilians headed over there right now, no doubt.

Especially as our Foreign Secretary has just announced that we can all go and fight the defence against Russia if we want. Not her, you understand, or our armed forces, but if wee Bob can raise a crisis loan to fund his travel expenses, he's more than welcome to go abroad and get killed.

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, I mean, if it was me I would simply get out of my car and butcher these highly trained and well equipped soldiers. 

Is peoples chat about how easily they would be willing to kill and maim getting worse these days or am I just noticing it more as I grow older and consider that i'd prefer to go through life with minimal killings on my conscience?

Don't think anyone aside from a few nutters think it would be easy but I'm sure there will be plenty folk who think it's the right thing to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/31/johnson-peerage-for-lebedev-crowns-mutually-beneficial-friendship?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Long live Londongrad .

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Is this the boy that Johnson visited and left his bodyguards behind before going in? And the one MI6 were concerned about?

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Oh, there are thousands of British civilians headed over there right now, no doubt.

Especially as our Foreign Secretary has just announced that we can all go and fight the defence against Russia if we want. Not her, you understand, or our armed forces, but if wee Bob can raise a crisis loan to fund his travel expenses, he's more than welcome to go abroad and get killed.

This is quite mental surely? Is it unprecedented for someone in her position to say something like this? Surely the correct thing for a British politician to say would be that we do not advise British citizens to travel to a warzone since it is dangerous and we cant offer you any support if you do?

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is quite mental surely? Is it unprecedented for someone in her position to say something like this? Surely the correct thing for a British politician to say would be that we do not advise British citizens to travel to a warzone since it is dangerous and we cant offer you any support if you do?

Almost prefer if she hadn't bothered coming back from a holiday 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's a thread looking to establish an inventory of skills possessed by members of the P&B community. As far as I recall no-one has claimed expertise in urban guerilla warfare. Perhaps they haven't posted because they are painstakingly making their way to the war zone, in which case we should salute their heroism and their modesty.

58 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's probably just more that the psychopaths have better platforms to publish their fantasies to now.

I'm more of a Death Wish, lone vigilante style fantasist, rather than the Commando comics type. Fortunately, I'm also aware that actual vigilantism is A Bad Thing.

Animated Series Art GIF by hoppip

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Patel's defensive Comms work being shredded by someone trying to get help.

Is it too much too ask them to do stuff rather than look like doing stuff or saying they are doing stuff?

Behave. Are you really expecting our shitty government to work better overseas in a war torn country?

All they are good for is putting out inaccurate tweets.