Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

44 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

20220227_104820.thumb.jpg.dc65c4e9d03ae1a8eefd6bcf9a77816b.jpg

wot

Yeah, I mean, if it was me I would simply get out of my car and butcher these highly trained and well equipped soldiers. 

Is peoples chat about how easily they would be willing to kill and maim getting worse these days or am I just noticing it more as I grow older and consider that i'd prefer to go through life with minimal killings on my conscience?

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It has always been about quantity rather than quality with Russia, throw bodies at it, hope the enemy shit themselves and give up, or keep piling cannon fodder to the front line until you win. 

The problem being, I think they thought Ukraine would have given up by now and a lot of Russians don't have the appetite for a war. 

The book Barbarossa describes the Russian military in the second world war. If you didn't fight, you were shot. If you got detached from your battalion you were shot as a suspected deserter, if you were captured and escaped you were shot as a potential spy. 

I don't think there is the same fear in the Russian army to refuse to fight in Ukraine. 

This is complete nonsense and based on decades' out of date historiography. Basically the German generals like Halder portrayed it this way after the war to make their own mistakes less apparent. We know that a lot of this was incorrect now and for significant parts of Barbarossa the Axis troops had a numerical superiority.

Edited by DMCs

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, I mean, if it was me I would simply get out of my car and butcher these highly trained and well equipped soldiers. 

Is peoples chat about how easily they would be willing to kill and maim getting worse these days or am I just noticing it more as I grow older and consider that i'd prefer to go through life with minimal killings on my conscience?

Showing a distinct lack of 'guerrilla spirit' here mate.

7 minutes ago, DMCs said:

This is complete nonsense and based on decades' out of date historiography. Basically the German generals like Halder portrayed it this way after the war to make their own mistakes less apparent. We know that a lot of this was incorrect now and for significant parts of Barbarossa the Axis troops had a numerical superiority.

I read it in the BAFTA and Peabody award winning documentarian's book - Barbarossa by Stewart Binns. If you have researched it more than him you should maybe reach out to him and tell him he is wrong.  

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I read it in the BAFTA and Peabody award winning documentarian's book - Barbarossa by Stewart Binns. If you have researched it more than him you should maybe reach out to him and tell him he is wrong.  

Read David Glantz

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's probably just more that the psychopaths have better platforms to publish their fantasies to now.

I'm more of a Death Wish, lone vigilante style fantasist, rather than the Commando comics type. Fortunately, I'm also aware that actual vigilantism is A Bad Thing.