Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

One of the Russian military bloggers who has been prominent on Telegram during the war was killed earlier in St Petersburg.

if you read through the thread some caught the moment Tatarsky was handed the bomb - explosives packed into a ceramic figurine.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of the Russian military bloggers who has been prominent on Telegram during the war was killed earlier in St Petersburg.

if you read through the thread some caught the moment Tatarsky was handed the bomb - explosives packed into a ceramic figurine.

Vladlen Tatarsky (real name Maxim Fomin) was a prominent blogger and vocal supporter of Russia's war in Ukraine,

He gained particular notoriety last year after posting a video filmed inside the Kremlin in which he said "We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone as necessary. Just as we like it."

Tatarsky was serving a prison sentence in a Ukrainian prison when the war in 2014 broke out. Russian forces let him out and he became a fighter and military blogger.

His real name was Maksim Fomin.

https://www.spisok-putina.org/en/personas/fomin-2/

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So your criteria is no action against anyone who isn’t directly involved in the invasion? So all the sanctions against Russia are unjust as they impact people who didn’t participate and it’s unfair to inconvenience them? Pressuring a country to get the populace to demand their leaders change is not acceptable? I’m sure you’d love to boycott the U.S., eh?

Perhaps you can show us just how many American sports players were excluded as individuals from competing in global events, as a result of their government's entirely illegal invasion on a sovereign state in 2003? 

'Banning' athletes from any state based on international politics is completely pointless, virtue-signalling pish. If athletes are implicated in a state-backed program (like the Russian doping scandal), then that's a different story. 

This and the meltdown about the Security Council is just scrambling for relevance. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So your criteria is no action against anyone who isn’t directly involved in the invasion? So all the sanctions against Russia are unjust as they impact people who didn’t participate and it’s unfair to inconvenience them? Pressuring a country to get the populace to demand their leaders change is not acceptable? I’m sure you’d love to boycott the U.S., eh?

😂 More nonsense from yourself. 

I don’t think US athletes should have been banned from sporting events because of the invasion of Iraq etc, because unlike yourself I’m consistent in my views and I also think banning athletes for human rights abuses of their government is pointless because it would make things such as the olympics and Wimbledon pointless because so many athletes would have to be banned. Also sanctioning Russian businessmen is totally different to banning athletes from sports. 

The point of banning athletes etc is to show to everyone that life doesn't just carry on as normal if your country invades and bombs a neighbour, whether you're directly involved or not. Medvedev progressing at Wimbledon would be plastered all over Russian media, his namesake and lunatic ex President would come in his pants.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The point of banning athletes etc is to show to everyone that life doesn't just carry on as normal if your country invades and bombs a neighbour, whether you're directly involved or not.

Is that why no American athletes were banned in 2003? Why does the geographical proximity of the victim count? 

Medvedev progressing at Wimbledon would be plastered all over Russian media, his namesake and lunatic ex President would come in his pants.

Banning competitors in case the wrong 'un countries win wasn't even carried out by the Nazis during the Berlin Olympics. 

Edited by vikingTON

58 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Can @Divplease start imposing posting sancrions on Putin apologists?

Now that would be a bit silly, wouldn't it? If we all thought and said the same things then there would be no debate, no opposing viewpoints and no fun. If you want to read nothing but the same opinion repeated by all, I'm sure there's a Chinese pie and bovril for you.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Perhaps you can show us just how many American sports players were excluded as individuals from competing in global events, as a result of their government's entirely illegal invasion on a sovereign state in 2003? 

'Banning' athletes from any state based on international politics is completely pointless, virtue-signalling pish. If athletes are implicated in a state-backed program (like the Russian doping scandal), then that's a different story. 

This and the meltdown about the Security Council is just scrambling for relevance. 

Ah, the familiar strategy of ignoring the posts point and trying to deflect it. A quick red dot and some whataboutism, VT’s back for another kicking. A meltdown, saying as long as the five permanent members have vetos the chair is irrelevant? If that’s your definition of a meltdown, you’ve been melting down since 2014 or so.

3 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

😂 More nonsense from yourself. 

I don’t think US athletes should have been banned from sporting events because of the invasion of Iraq etc, because unlike yourself I’m consistent in my views and I also think banning athletes for human rights abuses of their government is pointless because it would make things such as the olympics and Wimbledon pointless because so many athletes would have to be banned. Also sanctioning Russian businessmen is totally different to banning athletes from sports. 

You took your eye off the ball, probably distracted by VT. It’s not nonsense, just a different viewpoint. I think banning U.S. athletes from international competitions might be very interesting with regards to potential results. If international competitions become less international, the money reduces, and the various interested parties might try to guide some action to remove the obstacles…and you yourself posit that the corporations effectively run U.S. foreign policy. The trick would be preventing some crap like LIV Golf where they’re trying to sportswash.

Apparently the Ukrainians have started targeting counter battery radar systems. The Russians have lost at least 6 Zoopark-1M mobile counter battery systems recently, though the exact means of loss isn’t specified. Given the units have only a 12 mile range for detecting mortar rounds, and the fact that heavy (120mm) mortar support has been integral to Ukrainian resistance, it seems likely the Russians forward deployed these units in support of the offensive at Bakhmut. The Zoopark-1M is a highly distinctive tracked unit with a large billboard antenna, and would be easily spotted via drone recon. Given the high tech parts required to regenerate this capacity, it seems unlikely that Russia can replace these systems anytime soon, resulting in another weakness the Ukrainians may be able to exploit.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

Well he got what he wanted, another corpse. He died an idiot's death.

Edited by FreedomFarter