EPL 2022/23

8 hours ago, eez-eh said:

There’s some idiot in the replies admitting that Grealish caused the contact but claiming it’s still a penalty because of the contact.

I bet he also comes out with shite like “the attacker was entitled to go down!”

Initiating the contact is a dive as per the official interpretation to the rules of the game.

Still, at least in this case, that dive makes me Salah, Almiron transfer to Odegaard and Mahrez slightly less horrific on FPL.

40 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Robertson came across as a bit of a dick in that incident.

Kicking the ball away is fine and just what happens, but I agree that he looked like a bit of a fanny in the aftermath. His antics can be off-putting at times. 

When you think about the giants of the English game from recent times - I'm talking about your Alan Shearers, your John Terrys, your Frank Lampards, your Class of 92s - what is the one thing that has defined them both on and off the pitch? For me, it has been their typically British sense of fair play. The boy Robertson could do worse than bear that in mind. 

23 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Robertson came across as a bit of a dick in that incident.

Robertson actually comes across as a bellend an awful lot.

Fitba players from your country or who play for your team get away with it because we say they're winners etc. But if you watch Robertson play often, he's just an arsehole, really.

Important to also note, I imagine many of those Liverpool players are still furious about Pickfords horrendous tackle that put Van Dijk out for over 9 months.

Is Robertson super competitive and annoying on the pitch? Certainly.

There's no evidence he is a b*****d off the pitch* so we should cut him some slack relative to the many confirmed b*****ds in the EPL.

*Giggs managed to successfully obscure this when playing, I'm sure many top footballers around the world are total b*****ds and manage to hide it successfully. 

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

There's no evidence he is a b*****d off the pitch* so we should cut him some slack relative to the many confirmed b*****ds in the EPL.

He's an attention seeking bastirt. Tries far too hard to be the "wacky, funny one" but we all know these guys in our own lives. They are vacuous, boring bastirts.

Having watched the clip again Pickford is laughing with him rather than getting pissed off. 

Youtube and social media are full of taglines which attempt to conflagrate it though. "Laughs in his face", or "trolls Everton", "owns Pickford" and other such juvenile pish. I loved it, and am all for this type of thing. The thing with Messi was great too and I was disappointed that he apologised for it. 

There's too much #respect nonsense in football at the moment. More power to shameless shithousery.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Having watched the clip again Pickford is laughing with him rather than getting pissed off. 

Youtube and social media are full of taglines which attempt to conflagrate it though. "Laughs in his face", or "trolls Everton", "owns Pickford" and other such juvenile pish.

I thought watching it back Pickford was laughing back too as well. He knew full well what he’d been up to ‘taking his time’ every time he got the ball at 0-0 and Robertson took the chance to get one back. Coady then came steaming in trying to impress the Everton fans and it kicked off a bit of handbags.