The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Not sure how my comment was negative, but thanks for your interest in our end of season endeavours. 

You have a fantastic chance to beat Morton today now that would take the pressure off a bit going into the last week

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Go and give them about 8, lads.

These Dundee trolls are really dumb, they haven't even realised that the man they love to hate, Owen Coyle, is playing them like a fish on the end of his line.

Owen's plan is to put out our reserve team for today's game against Morton, to set the Dundee troll's hearts racing overtime for the rest of this week.

Then on Friday to put out our regular first team, to play against the "Cove bottlers" who have only won 2 away games since early December.

What a great plan Owen, I wish I'd thought of it myself :o))

5 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

These Dundee trolls are really dumb, they haven't even realised that the man they love to hate, Owen Coyle, is playing them like a fish on the end of his line.

Owen's plan is to put out our reserve team for today's game against Morton, to set the Dundee troll's hearts racing overtime for the rest of this week.

Then on Friday to put out our regular first team, to play against the "Cove bottlers" who have only won 2 away games since early December.

Owen Coyle is well down the list of Dundee fans most hated manager in this league.

Billy Dodds, Dougie Imrie, John Rankin and before he was punted, Ian McCall all sailed ahead of Coyle.

11 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Mushrooms are fucking magic mate. Enjoy the ride.

The short sighted decision to let Murray go has cost us big time. Whatever we received was but a pittance to what we would have earned in the Premiership. I have no doubt in my mind that if Murray had stayed we would have won this league some time ago. As it is we are a shattered team with no leadership on the park and little sense of direction. Huge task to build them up for one last hurrah! If anyone can do it OC can.

That is one of the worst QP performances I’ve seen for many years. So much wrong with it and I really struggle to take any positives. We completely failed to do any of the basic stuff right. 

There’s no leadership on the park and Robson’s form has visibly regressed having taken on the armband. I link back to what @williebraveheart said about Murray and the players who should be bringing the leadership- Thomas, Fox, Kilday haven’t stepped up. There was a complete lack of fight from so many players also.

Coyle’s tactics were also ridiculously poor. We play Williamson up top, who hasn’t won an aerial duel all season, then send all game pinging long balls at him? Bizzare decision. We’ve played  Morton 4 times this season and they’ve played the exact same way every time. It’s not unreasonable to have expected Coyle/Stewart to have worked out how to better compete with that side by the 4th attempt. 

I’ve never seen a side look like they want to win a league less. With all the discussion about the stadium, it’s no wonder that I’m starting to think there’s been a word from above telling them to throw this. 

If someone can get us up it’s Coyle, he’s shown it before and I have no doubts we have the players also. 

Was rooting for the Spiders today as I'm sure you were for us against Dundee. 1-0 up I thought Morton's chances of 4th were gone and they send their under 9's up to Balmoral but no such luck. Seems like Ton put in a strong performance and credit to them.

Still a chance to win the title. 1 big performance needed. Dundee I'd imagine will be sharper in the final third against you than against us.

Keep the belief.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

43 minutes ago, The Spiderman said:

That is one of the worst QP performances I’ve seen for many years. So much wrong with it and I really struggle to take any positives. We completely failed to do any of the basic stuff right. 

There’s no leadership on the park and Robson’s form has visibly regressed having taken on the armband. I link back to what @williebraveheart said about Murray and the players who should be bringing the leadership- Thomas, Fox, Kilday haven’t stepped up. There was a complete lack of fight from so many players also.

Coyle’s tactics were also ridiculously poor. We play Williamson up top, who hasn’t won an aerial duel all season, then send all game pinging long balls at him? Bizzare decision. We’ve played  Morton 4 times this season and they’ve played the exact same way every time. It’s not unreasonable to have expected Coyle/Stewart to have worked out how to better compete with that side by the 4th attempt. 

I’ve never seen a side look like they want to win a league less. With all the discussion about the stadium, it’s no wonder that I’m starting to think there’s been a word from above telling them to throw this. 

If someone can get us up it’s Coyle, he’s shown it before and I have no doubts we have the players also. 

Totally agree on Robson’s form and overall game play since taking the armband. It appears to have hindered the natural parts of of play and overall contribution to the team. 

Lee, Charlie and Dom, were players I felt could ‘lead’ on the picture without the armband, but I haven’t seen that. 

Charlie was flapping and some of his decisions were reckless and wild. 

7 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Totally agree on Robson’s form and overall game play since taking the armband. It appears to have hindered the natural parts of of play and overall contribution to the team. 

Lee, Charlie and Dom, were players I felt could ‘lead’ on the picture without the armband, but I haven’t seen that. 

Charlie was flapping and some of his decisions were reckless and wild. 

You don’t need to look further than his overlap runs forward. I’ve not seen one for week! He tried one in the second half but the ball didn’t get played to him

2 hours ago, The Spiderman said:

Since when did we decide that Plan A, B and C was to just 'get it launched'?  The only period in the game that we looked like we did earlier in the season was a brief period of actually moving the ball on the deck.  Unfortunately it seems that when we do launch it, we're almost always second to every second ball.  We also seem to be bewildered by the fact that when we do get the ball, the opposition dare to not allow us any time on it.

Quitongo tore us to shreds; he turned Oakley far to easily and invited the challenge (taken with aplomb unfortunately) for possibly the most stone-wall of stone-wall penalties you'll see this season, whilst the second goal was again a sucker-punch counter-attack from a promising move of our own (we've seen that all too often recently); I also think Ferrie could have been a bit quicker to spot the danger.

Agree on Robson, his movement and importantly forays up the pitch beyond half-way are a shadow of what they were previously. 

Cannot understand not playing Thomas from the start, nor the continued persistence with Oakley.  The less said about the Eze for Fox substitution when two-one down, the better.

Maybe we've been spoilt by the performances and results earlier in the season and I'm sure the offer of a play-off place at the start of the season would have been readily accepted, but the nose-dive in form is heart-breaking.

One last and huge push please boys next week??

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

The less said about the Eze for Fox substitution when two-one down, the better.

As soon as Fox was booked, I was willing Coyle to do just that. Partly because I could see him collecting at least another yellow and ruling himself out again for Friday, and partly because he hasn't been that great of late.

Right across the team though, what appears to be a lack of confidence is resulting in a real sloppiness.

If I can for a moment separate the more tedious P&B Morton posters on here from their actual team, I have to agree with Imrie's statements that they can play a bit.  Yes they are well skilled in the crafty side of the game, but in between all the heady tennis and stops for fouls they can move the ball about well. And they win games.

If the league were to run for another, say five games. Neither us nor Dundee would be winning it. And one of us not even making the playoffs. strangely that gives me a bit of confidence for next week. 

13 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Keep George Oakley nailed and the rest of the pitch will take care of itself. We can definitely win today. 

Still waiting for your honourable opinion of what went wrong today and how you can fix it next week

3 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Still waiting for your honourable opinion of what went wrong today and how you can fix it next week

In my unprofessional opinion, we simply need to be considerably less shite all over the park.

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

In my unprofessional opinion, we simply need to be considerably less shite all over the park.

And yet your manager seems to completely disagree with that analysis of your performance. 🤔

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

And yet your manager seems to completely disagree with that analysis of your performance. 🤔

I think he's just not the kind of manager who will throw his players unde the bus publicly. Would be very surprised if he's telling them the same thing behind the scenes.

I said in the Dundee v Cove thread you guys would shit the bed v Morton. Was predictable. Really hope you get the unlikely win v Dundee on Fri. The Premiership needs different clubs in it the rinse and repeat of the likes of Dundee, Ross County yo-yoing between leagues gets stale in recent years. Good luck to you on Fri

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Owen Coyle is well down the list of Dundee fans most hated manager in this league.

Billy Dodds, Dougie Imrie, John Rankin and before he was punted, Ian McCall all sailed ahead of Coyle.

Is that right aye?

You're not going to beat Queens Park next week...are you Dundee?

No....you're not.....and I'm going to laugh myself silly.