The Queen of the South thread

It seems a few players arrived late for the Edinburgh game all hit with fines.

That again just sums up our season players can't even be bothered to turn up on time. 

Do players want to play for Marvin i am not sure they do .

39 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That again just sums up our season players can't even be bothered to turn up on time. 

Do other teams in the league travel by car or do they have buses?

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Report I read says "more than one" player turned up late, hardly "a few" as you claim, unless you know different. It does bring into question though this improved professional attitude that Marvin was supposedly going to instil in the players. 

Wonder if we could do a deal with Montrose and share a bus this weekend so our central belt guys could come on it and avoid being late?

Either that or Bartley could tell our guys the ko has been moved back to 15.00!

To be honest I feel (perhaps I am wrong) but whenever there is a (even more) poor performance than normal there is some issue with the players that is brought by the manager to public attention. Surely this type of issue should be dealt with internally and not used as an excuse. 

1 minute ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

To be honest I feel (perhaps I am wrong) but whenever there is a (even more) poor performance than normal there is some issue with the players that is brought by the manager to public attention. Surely this type of issue should be dealt with internally and not used as an excuse. 

Agreed.  I get it would be frustrating for the manager but deal with it without telling tales to mummy (Sandra).

32 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

It has, if you go by the info on the ticket website!

IMG_4793.png

Hope that was pinned up on the wall in the changing room today.

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed.  I get it would be frustrating for the manager but deal with it without telling tales to mummy (Sandra).

To be frank this isn’t the managers fault. It’s up to the players to turn up on time. At any other place of work you turn up late then you are disciplined and not your boss. I do agree it should have been dealt with internally though 

1 hour ago, bod said:

Wonder if we could do a deal with Montrose and share a bus this weekend so our central belt guys could come on it and avoid being late?

That extra 2 and a half hours might give big Efe a chance to get there on time, aye ...?

Sadly it is getting harder and harder to find motivation to rock up at Palmerston these days.  Hardly surprising when we are treated to Bartley's own unique brand of negative football.  Tomorrow however is his big chance to showcase his talents live to an entire nation.

On the subject of players arriving late, I agree with a previous poster that this seems to be used as a convenient excuse following a poorer than usual performance.  It is clearly something that needs to be dealt with but keep it in house.  Continually outing this as an excuse does not do us any favours and points to a lack of professionalism.

1 hour ago, Katboy said:

On the subject of players arriving late, I agree with a previous poster that this seems to be used as a convenient excuse following a poorer than usual performance.  It is clearly something that needs to be dealt with but keep it in house.  Continually outing this as an excuse does not do us any favours and points to a lack of professionalism.

How can he keep it in house though when part of the punishment was to be dropped from the starting 11? 

If Bartley refused to comment about it folk would be moaning about a potential rift or wanting to know why.

At the end of the day it's the player(s) fault. 

Bartley rightly comes in for criticism for the situation we are in but the players seem to be getting away with it a bit too easily.

1 hour ago, Kunter said:

How can he keep it in house though when part of the punishment was to be dropped from the starting 11? 

If Bartley refused to comment about it folk would be moaning about a potential rift or wanting to know why.

At the end of the day it's the player(s) fault. 

Bartley rightly comes in for criticism for the situation we are in but the players seem to be getting away with it a bit too easily.

Yes if a player is late then it's clearly the player’s  fault. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. It's easy to keep it in house though. It's the manager's judgement whether he does or not. All Bartley has to say is that he picked the team  best suited to the game. If he chooses to criticise players publicly, then fine but it is a choice.

He's publicly criticised players for a number of reasons. Again that's his choice and let's be honest some of it was embarrassing (PlayStationgate). His post match interviews, to me certainly, reek of a guy trying to justify his continued employment and I can't recall a single instance where he has acknowledged that he might have got things wrong.

Like many I was pleased and hopeful when he was appointed. I really wanted him to do well. Sadly thus far it's been dreadful and there's little or nothing  to suggest that can change.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

To be frank this isn’t the managers fault. It’s up to the players to turn up on time. At any other place of work you turn up late then you are disciplined and not your boss. I do agree it should have been dealt with internally though 

Most places are pretty flexible if our late TBH, football is a completely different environment though.

Edited by Brother Grimm

5 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Allan Johnston has just thrown his phone in the river.

What will Billy do now?

Well, we all know the answer to that question ... nothing.