The Queen of the South thread

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ironically enough, we've not been 'at the races' all season.

Just as well or 'the sheet' would have been placed around us a long time ago. 

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Agree and I hope he's just remaining professional. If he's here next season the crowds will continue to get worse. At leas he's prioritised his day at the races ahead of preparing for the biggest game of our season though. True leadership. 

Yep, puts everything he has time and effort wise into his job as manager of our club, supposedly!

On 24/04/2024 at 13:27, QoS99 said:

I got told opposite by someone working for the club. He said that the cost in putting down the pitch (grants not covering all of it) should mean we have a slightly larger budget. Dunno how true that is though.

No way will we have a bigger budget we are nearing a £300,000 loss this season the pitch cost around £90,000.

You can't have full time football on crowds under 1000.

Many fans see it as a backward step but we must get back to part time football the level of full time players we can attract has made it the worse season for many years.

Only thing but highly unlikely is if the new board really invest in the playing squad then we have a chance of doing something next season all about money look at Raith Rovers similar size club but now have investment they are  night and day from a few years back .

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Anybody see the video of Bartley at the races talking about planning for next season? Will be lucky to have 600 at our home game next season if he’s still here.

Also his comment on the official site… not saying thanks to all the supporters just “those who have continued to support us”

Pleased QotS have stayed up. The fans on here are generally thoughtful and entertaining (in a good way).

Continuing to follow your league one story will be interesting, especially since the Falkirk one has come to an end.

On 27/04/2024 at 10:18, QoS99 said:

Anybody see the video of Bartley at the races talking about planning for next season? Will be lucky to have 600 at our home game next season if he’s still here.

He won’t be here next season. Just a matter of time 🕰️ 

1 hour ago, printer said:

Pleased QotS have stayed up. The fans on here are generally thoughtful and entertaining (in a good way).

Continuing to follow your league one story will be interesting, especially since the Falkirk one has come to an end.

I'm sure we'll keep it interesting, although probably not exactly enjoyable from a Queens fan's perspective!

Pretty sure we'll fail to match the Bairns in crowd w*nking terms mind ...

22 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm sure we'll keep it interesting, although probably not exactly enjoyable from a Queens fan's perspective!

Pretty sure we'll fail to match the Bairns in crowd w*nking terms mind ...

Over 7000 for our last game of the season. Just incase you were interested🤣🤣

Pleased to have secured safety with a game left.  Didn't fancy going to Montrose knowing that we needed to get something.  At least we can now relax a little and put this whole sorry season to bed.  

I was surprised yesterday by how little Cove offered given what was at stake for them.  I never felt that we were under any pressure.  From our viewpoint though hopefully this means that we don't ever have to see a number of this rabble in a Queens shirt ever again!  Don't know if the players done a lap of dishonour yesterday as I was away as soon as the final whistle went.  Narrowly avoiding relegation playoffs is no reason for me to celebrate.

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

He won’t be here next season. Just a matter of time 🕰️ 

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I’m not as confident anymore.

At the moment, I'm just plain worried!

I'll be absolutely sick if he's still with us come June.

34 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

At the moment, I'm just plain worried!

I'll be absolutely sick if he's still with us come June.

The fact it’s taking an age to appoint a new Board is waving my optimism for next season already.

Well done  on your   ....er ...  Survival , pretty damn shocking when you think about it though  a full time team staving off league two 

What disappoints me most is the apparent lack of "protest " from your fans at the ground  (correct me if i am wrong )  i mean a pitch(fork)invasion would not be out of order all things considered with a lynching of your manager the priority , the fact that you are considering that he might be there next season is depressing and i aint even a supporter .

on another note which won't make you feel much better is that we have been discussing your ex defender  David Mackay 

he really seems to have turned it around and has contributed well recently albeit had a poor start early season , seems to have been a good move for him .

I'd be okay to see him stay with a experienced assistant coming in and Murray jogging off into the distance but unfortunately he's completely lost the fans and his position is intangible if we want any kind of support next season. 

The outgoing boards parting gift should be to sack him so to give the new board a clean start. 

57 minutes ago, Kunter said:

I'd be okay to see him stay with a experienced assistant coming in and Murray jogging off into the distance but unfortunately he's completely lost the fans and his position is intangible if we want any kind of support next season. 

The outgoing boards parting gift should be to sack him so to give the new board a clean start. 

To me looks more likely he will stay due to Board inertia and lack of cash to pay him off. In which case time to get rid of that utter dud Murray and get a proper experienced assistant with any type of ability in…

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume they did a lap of (dis)honour yesterday? Did many fans stay behind? 

Just “those who have continued to support us”.

Now we're safe, thanks to a wonderful season ((c) M. Bartley), we can relax, breath and look along the A75 and wonder if Stranraer are dropping out League 2. What the hell has gone so badly wrong there?