The Queen of the South thread

Well Wilson only has 2nd year option if promoted. Todd has been offered but not accepted. Well Bartley loaned out Reilly and told him he was part of his plans next year!!! Logan would be a good signing. But we need a total clear out. 

Why would you keep Irving just because he is local the boy is out of his depth and today confirmed that.

Paton is off heard that Ross County have offered him a deal and St Johnstone, Ayr and Morton interest it nothing concrete.

Let's be honest fron current squad Dabrowski is the only one we would keep. 

Heard Kilmarnock are interested in Gibson as a cheap option with promise.

19 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well Wilson only has 2nd year option if promoted. Todd has been offered but not accepted. Well Bartley loaned out Reilly and told him he was part of his plans next year!!! Logan would be a good signing. But we need a total clear out. 

Why would you keep Irving just because he is local the boy is out of his depth and today confirmed that.

Paton is off heard that Ross County have offered him a deal and St Johnstone, Ayr and Morton interest it nothing concrete.

Let's be honest fron current squad Dabrowski is the only one we would keep. 

Heard Kilmarnock are interested in Gibson as a cheap option with promise.

Is your Irving question directed at anybody or are you just talking out loud? He isn't up to the task I'm afraid and in all honesty either are the other youngsters on the books with the exception of Gibson and possibly Muir. You wouldn't keep one of Wilson or Cochrane? Gibson won't be going anywhere. Unless Bartley isn't keen on him of course. But there's no chance a Prem side are buying him on the back of a few really good performances for us. The season after perhaps. 

The fact is that for as bad as the players have been, Bartley has managed to get a tune out of them recently (though even winning games is being criticised because the performances weren't good, ffs :lol:) so I'm hoping he keeps a handful of the better ones together and can build from there. Folk complain every year that we have a high turnover of players with nothing to build on and in the same breath will say 'get rid of the lot'. There has to be some kind of balance. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is your Irving question directed at anybody or are you just talking out loud? He isn't up to the task I'm afraid and in all honesty either are the other youngsters on the books with the exception of Gibson and possibly Muir. You wouldn't keep one of Wilson or Cochrane? Gibson won't be going anywhere. Unless Bartley isn't keen on him of course. But there's no chance a Prem side are buying him on the back of a few really good performances for us. The season after perhaps. 

The fact is that for as bad as the players have been, Bartley has managed to get a tune out of them recently (though even winning games is being criticised because the performances weren't good, ffs :lol:) so I'm hoping he keeps a handful of the better ones together and can build from there. Folk complain every year that we have a high turnover of players with nothing to build on and in the same breath will say 'get rid of the lot'. There has to be some kind of balance. 

So who are your handful you want to keep. We will have 3-5 players signed up for next year. Bartley will have his targets but as I have said before players from lower league players Bartley will have to get a tube out off. He has got a tune apart from today. Murray, Connelly, Todd for me are not what we need gong forward. Would love to keep Wilson but Bartley has burned those bridges. 

8 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

So who are your handful you want to keep. We will have 3-5 players signed up for next year. Bartley will have his targets but as I have said before players from lower league players Bartley will have to get a tube out off. He has got a tune apart from today. Murray, Connelly, Todd for me are not what we need gong forward. Would love to keep Wilson but Bartley has burned those bridges. 

You're something else like. Slated the guy since he's come in. Disappeared when we went on our best run in years and now we've been beat again you're back on having a pop again :lol:

How on earth have you come to the conclusion he's burned his bridges with Wilson? He's literally been playing Wilson ahead of Cochrane. I've already given my handful of players further up the page. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not far off mine tbh. Of those not contracted:-

Keep 

Dabrowski

Cochrane/Wilson

Paton

Todd 

Logan

Botterill

Chuck 

McKay

Quitongo

Reilly

Murray 

Ruth

McKenna

Morrison

Irving

McMahon

Wouldn't mind staying/Won't lose sleep if they go

Connelly

McGrory

East

Hendrie

McKechnie

Kabia

No idea if Wilson does have a clause that he can go at the end of the season and I hope he stays but as I say, it looks like MB will be playing one of him or Cochrane and as much as I really like Wilson I'd take a punt on Cochrane over him now tbh. Todd can have bad games but I'd still rather he stay. Botterill would be a decent enough back up if we can keep Kev and Logan has looked decent in spells. Find it hard to make a case for many more tbh. 

Majority of that on the fence lot have been here a considerable amount of time, for them to be here that length of time and still be undecided, gives me the reason why they should be punted. Hendrie I’m on fence but leaning towards punting. Kabia I’d give benefit of the doubt due to the rest of MBs signings being decent. 

We need a serious clear out, yes another. 

13 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Majority of that on the fence lot have been here a considerable amount of time, for them to be here that length of time and still be undecided, gives me the reason why they should be punted. Hendrie I’m on fence but leaning towards punting. Kabia I’d give benefit of the doubt due to the rest of MBs signings being decent. 

We need a serious clear out, yes another. 

True. I really wouldn't care if the lot of them were canned but I won't be fizzing if a couple are kept on. 

I'm fully expecting one of the ones in my Chuck list to be offered a new deal and I'll absolutely be fizzing with that one...

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

True. I really wouldn't care if the lot of them were canned but I won't be fizzing if a couple are kept on. 

I'm fully expecting one of the ones in my Chuck list to be offered a new deal and I'll absolutely be fizzing with that one...

Irving or Murray? Nah I know who you’d be, can see both getting offered, neither bring anywhere near enough to the table

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ghost Ghosts GIF - Ghost Ghosts Friend - Discover & Share GIFs

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're something else like. Slated the guy since he's come in. Disappeared when we went on our best run in years and now we've been beat again you're back on having a pop again :lol:

How on earth have you come to the conclusion he's burned his bridges with Wilson? He's literally been playing Wilson ahead of Cochrane. I've already given my handful of players further up the page. 

Come on reign your neck in. Wilson has had his issues with Bartley it is no secret outed him for his mistakes against Kelty. 

Have congratulated him for the upturn in our  results but have we have actually played that that well just ground these results out. We are now out of play off contention and now allows him to plan for next season without playing the players to keep them inside. Cochrane was our best player by a country mile but still managed to drop him for Wilson. Gibson has been left out for a below par McKechnie and Irving  and now Gibson is looking elsewhere due to his man management and that is now my problem. He has turned around our results and I appreciate that but covering over the cracks in my opinion. We need a total clear out and let's see what he can do impressed with Dabrowski, Brydon and Logan so hopefully that is the standard he wants to bring in. 

11 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Come on reign your neck in. Wilson has had his issues with Bartley it is no secret outed him for his mistakes against Kelty. 

Have congratulated him for the upturn in our  results but have we have actually played that that well just ground these results out. We are now out of play off contention and now allows him to plan for next season without playing the players to keep them inside. Cochrane was our best player by a country mile but still managed to drop him for Wilson. Gibson has been left out for a below par McKechnie and Irving  and now Gibson is looking elsewhere due to his man management and that is now my problem. He has turned around our results and I appreciate that but covering over the cracks in my opinion. We need a total clear out and let's see what he can do impressed with Dabrowski, Brydon and Logan so hopefully that is the standard he wants to bring in. 

So you claim he has issues with Wilson and yet you're complaining he dropped our "best player" for the player you claim he has issues with? Do you see where your argument falls down? 

He said early on he's a fan of Gibson but thinks he's played too many games for such a young player. I've no reason to doubt that. Gibson can "look elsewhere" all he wants. I doubt many sides are going to be getting the chequebook out for a 17 year old who's had a few good games for a League 1 side. McKechnie has been hot and cold. He's hardly been below par. 

Winning games is covering over the cracks? Do you want those cracks filled in so it helps us... win games? 

You haven't been anywhere near as active as this in the last 6 weeks when we've been winning - what has MB done to upset you? :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not far off mine tbh. Of those not contracted:-

Keep 

Dabrowski

Cochrane/Wilson

Paton

Todd 

Logan

Botterill

Chuck 

McKay

Quitongo

Reilly

Murray 

Ruth

McKenna

Morrison

Irving

McMahon

Wouldn't mind staying/Won't lose sleep if they go

Connelly

McGrory

East

Hendrie

McKechnie

Kabia

No idea if Wilson does have a clause that he can go at the end of the season and I hope he stays but as I say, it looks like MB will be playing one of him or Cochrane and as much as I really like Wilson I'd take a punt on Cochrane over him now tbh. Todd can have bad games but I'd still rather he stay. Botterill would be a decent enough back up if we can keep Kev and Logan has looked decent in spells. Find it hard to make a case for many more tbh. 

Pretty much agree

What was the crack with  Botterill today, named as sub keeper, didn't do much of a warm up, didn't go in goal for pre-match shooty inny and  walked about a half time wi a big coat on, not joining in with subs. If he's injured/ill we would have been in (even bigger) keech if Dabrowski got injured. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

So you claim he has issues with Wilson and yet you're complaining he dropped our "best player" for the player you claim he has issues with? Do you see where your argument falls down? 

He said early on he's a fan of Gibson but thinks he's played too many games for such a young player. I've no reason to doubt that. Gibson can "look elsewhere" all he wants. I doubt many sides are going to be getting the chequebook out for a 17 year old who's had a few good games for a League 1 side. McKechnie has been hot and cold. He's hardly been below par. 

Winning games is covering over the cracks? Do you want those cracks filled in so it helps us... win games? 

You haven't been anywhere near as active as this in the last 6 weeks when we've been winning - what has MB done to upset you? :lol:

Hot? Maybe Luke warm. Absolute powderpuff Mckechnie is 

35 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Hot? Maybe Luke warm. Absolute powderpuff Mckechnie is 

He's had a couple of really good performances. Was it Falkirk he should/could have been MotM? I think there is a player in there but like Cochrane, MB needs to find out what his best position is. 

I'd be happy for him to stay but as I say, I won't lose sleep if he's away. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's had a couple of really good performances. Was it Falkirk he should/could have been MotM? I think there is a player in there but like Cochrane, MB needs to find out what his best position is. 

I'd be happy for him to stay but as I say, I won't lose sleep if he's away. 

I’m just not having him. A really good performance for him is an okay one for another player, tries hard but don’t think he does enough. Lacks any belief in himself when he’s going at players 

So yesterday didn't tell us anything we didn't already know - there's only so much you can achieve with a limited ability squad.

Think it was also a learning day for Marvin.  There were two possible approaches to yesterday.  First, you've nothing to lose (chances were still slim you'd make the playoffs) so have a real go.  Second, was to be really compact and frustrate the Pars and make the big crowd edgy and hope to sneak a goal somehow.  He went for the first and of course it left us so open at the back that the risk of a doing was always on.  He might be waking up today wishing he'd gone for the latter, but I don't think it would have made a big difference as our back line couldn't have coped for 90 mins of shitfesting.  The Pars were clearly a league above us yesterday.