The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed, it's why the rumour makes so much sense. I expect it will be in the Daily Record tomorrow.

Only if Paton is a fan of one of two teams - "Celtic/Rangers * fan Paton to sign for PSG" 

*delete as applicable 

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

also think a lot of people (not saying you're one) decided they weren't going to like him regardless because of the off field shenanigans, rightly or wrongly.

That's me! I have never been able to bring myself to like him, mainly for this reason. I was very disappointed when we loaned him back from Livingston, I just felt that if I was an SPL manager I'd have been desperate to have a young forward play with Dobbie for half a season and I still think we wasted the chance of this on taking Dykes back.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've heard he's signed a pre contract with PSG.

There, it must be true, someone just said it on the internet.

You okay mate, everything alright at home? 

On 03/05/2023 at 07:00, Monkey Tennis said:

Whilst not wishing to make any sort of case for recruiting Sammon, I can't help comparing  his goal scoring rate with that of an other big physical presence we had up front relatively recently. 

The Alloa guy's stats don't look too bad when you do that.

I may be the only one but when I read this post initially it was Innes Cameron that I thought MT was referring to. In terms of strikers stats for goals per game I've always thought it was harsh to judge Dykes that way, he was  more a setter upper and foil for the main striker. His return was fairly poor when he did play as main striker though I would say. 

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've heard he's signed a pre contract with PSG.

There, it must be true, someone just said it on the internet.

Are we  due a development  fee for Paton and Cochrane if they leave ?

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A Dunfermline fan saying on their thread that Ruari Paton has signed a PCA with ourselves. Very impressive scoring record this season. Likely to be able to make the step up?

No idea if true but I’ll answer anyways!  He always works his socks off and hits a sweet free kick, his finishing is decent but do expect him to miss the odd good chance.  Certainly good enough for Championship although not sure if that’s his ceiling at the moment.

18 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Monkey Tennis and Stuart Cosgrove off to watch Lyndon Dykes put in yet another supreme performance for Scotland.

image.jpeg.b79c49786b95d320055ac4fc1b110599.jpeg

Whit ... Narky, grumpy old curmudgeons on P&B threads? Nah, I'm no having that ... quickly looks in the mirror ... 🫣

7 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

The tall one is massively over-rated

You're right.

These days, people claim that he teed up all the other one's best lines, but they never did that before, because it's simply not true.

5 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Get contracts out for Botteril, East, Logan, Cochrane (a must), Wilson if needed, Mckechnie (thought he was excellent today).

Add Todd Hendrie and Connelly to your list

Think i am the only one but I would offer Murray a contract . 

Somehow we have to try and get big Kev.

Paton I am sure we will offer him a very good contract .

We have hope MB can convince him to have another season with us but it will very difficult as many other clubs will be interested. 

Don't think that Paton or Dabrowski will be with us next year.

I have to eat humble pie and say I was totally wrong about Bartley. He seems to be able to get a tune out of underperforming players. Hoping his recruitment is good for next year to help us challenge next year. If he gets it right their is no reason we can't win the league. I think he wil go with a young squad which he can coach. Cochrane is a different player under him but wants to play at a higher level but will anyone pay compensation and take the risk. Paton, Dabrowski defo away 100% Paton rumoured for Ayr and Dunfermline . Young lad Watson from hearts rumoured to be signing. Efe Ambrose rumoured as well. 

Realistic players to try and extend for next year: Botterill, Logan, McKechnie, Cochrane, East, Wilson and Todd.

Players I’d like to see us target: Matty Yates, Scott Allan, Paul Watson, John Robertson, Joe Bevan.

9 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well known friend of Bartley and being released by Morton

Wouldn’t be surprised if he joined us in a player/coaching role. He was MB’s assistant when he managed the reserves at Livi