Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see that Dross (who refused to say who he was voting for) has congratulated ET on being elected party leader. 

He is quoted as saying it was now time for the “whole of the Conservative Party to come together”.

Until he no longer considers her fit for office, then says he does, then says she isn't but shouldn't go yet, then says..... (etc ad nauseam.) 

28 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Surely Truss's elevation to Prime Minister must be the least propitious in living memory.  She failed to convince her Parliamentary colleagues of her merit, but she then had the great good fortune to sneak into a head-to-head with a rival of ethnic origin.

Even then, only 82% of the Tory Party membership actually bothered to vote and although she defeated Sunak the margin was way short of a ringing endorsement, however the right-wing cheerleaders attempt to spin it.

Factor in her serial inabilities and I'll give her a year tops.

You forgot to mention Tory members who voted for her but would have preferred Johnson if they had been given the choice.

She's from the Dugdale school of politics, trying to rebel against their parents by advocating the opposite of their sensible political outlook. These politicians are more dangerous as the are easily swayed to follow a more idiotic path in the hope of getting accepted by the sociopaths from the media and big business that control the narrative.

28 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Amazed Boris can be arsed and doesn’t expect the Queen to come to him. 

He'll be wanting one last banquet of Swan washed down with the finest malts before Lizzy gives him his P45.  Edit - Here's pie's take.

Edited by dirty dingus

46 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Families struggling all over the shop yet we have to pay to send two utter arseholes up to Balmoral to say what we already know. Just embarrassing.

Neither of those wankbags give a f**k, lets be honest

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I've said this before, but my theory is that Truss is a scapegoat for what's to come. 

I must admit, I did wonder about this myself.

We all know that they were pitching to a hard line internal party as opposed to the wider electorate, however it did come across that Sunak was seemingly saying all the right things that someone would say in a GE to try and woo swing voters and the centre ground, where Truss on the other hand was just laying it out as a far right nutter and telling them all what they wanted to hear.

As such, Sunak has come out of this looking pretty centrist and pretty electable as opposed to Truss who looks like a Neo Nazi.

I wonder if the long term plan is to let her run riot and then get rid of her in time for the GE by parachuting the "centrist" Rishi Sunak in to win the election and retain power for another 4 years +........

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I must admit, I did wonder about this myself.

We all know that they were pitching to a hard line internal party as opposed to the wider electorate, however it did come across that Sunak was seemingly saying all the right things that someone would say in a GE to try and woo swing voters and the centre ground, where Truss on the other hand was just laying it out as a far right nutter and telling them all what they wanted to hear.

As such, Sunak has come out of this looking pretty centrist and pretty electable as opposed to Truss who looks like a Neo Nazi.

I wonder if the long term plan is to let her run riot and then get rid of her in time for the GE by parachuting the "centrist" Rishi Sunak in to win the election and retain power for another 4 years +........

I suspect she’ll have done too much damage to give them a hope of winning the next election.

She’s a patsy that will take the fall in two years.

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

Surely Truss's elevation to Prime Minister must be the least propitious in living memory.  She failed to convince her Parliamentary colleagues of her merit, but she then had the great good fortune to sneak into a head-to-head with a rival of ethnic origin.

Even then, only 82% of the Tory Party membership actually bothered to vote and although she defeated Sunak the margin was way short of a ringing endorsement, however the right-wing cheerleaders attempt to spin it.

Factor in her serial inabilities and I'll give her a year tops.

Smallest proportion of first round votes and membership votes of any leader since and including Duncan Smith (according to a recent infographic in the Economist that I can’t c&p) she was marginally more popular than ids on the final mps vote, by 1 or 2%.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Smallest proportion of first round votes and membership votes of any leader since and including Duncan Smith (according to a recent infographic in the Economist that I can’t c&p) she was marginally more popular than ids on the final mps vote, by 1 or 2%.

I'd be surprised if she was more popular than ibs to be honest...