Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I disagree.

May was completely incapable of resolving Brexit at a time where there was scope in the HoC to get any number of various Brexit approaches approved, but her stupidity, lack of vision, and idiotic decision to go pell-mell for the harshest Brexit conceivable ultimately cost her her job. If she had any nous whatsoever, she could have got the UK out of the EU with a functional deal, seen off Corbyn years ago, and still be sitting with her feet up in Downing street cigaring the PM's job yet.

She was a colossal fool whose personal ambition far outstripped her ability. Cameron at least had the sense to accept that a 'Remain' backing PM couldn't stay in post after the humiliation of a losing campaign, whereas May grabbed the poisoned chalice with both hands. More fool her, she deserved everything her idiot arse got.

23 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I still remember at the time thinking May was the worst PM I'd ever seen ....

I also thought she was the worst at the time, but both of her successors were worse IMO.

She may well have been just as bad and I've just forgotten how bad she was.

Edited by Richey Edwards

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/21/the-tories-boris-johnson-crisis-conservatives

"If you feel physically breathless at the current state of British politics, that’s just Boris Johnson immediately sucking all of the oxygen out of the room again. Is the dignity vampire coming back? Unclear. But I know we’re all big fans of lettuces now, so be advised there could be a monstrous 16-stone slug waiting to crawl out of this one and burrow straight into your brain stem."

The Tories are currently digging about at the bottom of the Brext barrel. The political talent that's left is fucking laughable. This is all down to the utter madness of leaving the EU in order to "take back control" Country is a fucking joke, sooner Scotland gets the f**k out the better

Not often I agree with William Hague but he’s correct that if they appoint Boris Johnson again (if it goes to the members he’s a shoe in) then the party is going to implode. Boris like Trump has a weird cult of supporters who believe the nation loves him and he can do no wrong. The reality is most of the nation knows he’s a liar and a narcissist. If he wins there’s zero chance he’ll make it to the end of the year before he’s in yet another scandal.  
Zero doubt the Tory party will be wiped out next election if he returns.  Sunak is the sensible choice but they’ll go with Boris and the party will tear itself apart. 

He’s on his way back

https://news.sky.com/story/first-picture-of-boris-johnson-as-he-flies-back-to-the-uk-12726835

Boris is traveling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for London again 
And I can see Boris waving hello
Oh it looks like Boris, must be time for another shitshow

(With apologies to Elton John)

41 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not often I agree with William Hague but he’s correct that if they appoint Boris Johnson again (if it goes to the members he’s a shoe in) then the party is going to implode. Boris like Trump has a weird cult of supporters who believe the nation loves him and he can do no wrong. The reality is most of the nation knows he’s a liar and a narcissist. If he wins there’s zero chance he’ll make it to the end of the year before he’s in yet another scandal.  
Zero doubt the Tory party will be wiped out next election if he returns.  Sunak is the sensible choice but they’ll go with Boris and the party will tear itself apart. 

Lets hope so. Johnson definitely the best choice for public revulsion. They do have this weird notion that he is a guaranteed 'winner'...only because of his 'Get Brexit Done' and Corbyn as opponent. He will indeed get involved in some other scandal in the next few months....then its onto their next leader..

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If Boris did get it then I imagine there will be quite few Tory MPs becoming independents.

The best thing the opponents could do is agree a unity candidate to blow him out of the water.

If Penny Mordaunt blew Boris out of the water I don't think he'd be complaining....

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Could be some Tories losing their seats at Buckethead, Fish Finger or the guy dressed as Elmo at this rate.

Buckethead/Binface, Fish Finger, Elmo all elected while Galloway isn't would be a tad amusing 

Boris will destroy the Tory party and the bestest union the world has ever seen (c. some nutter whose name I've forgotten, 2020 or 21) alike. For those reasons, plus comedy relief, I'm also backing Boris... while looking forward to seeing him in jail one of these days.