The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

On 12/02/2024 at 00:16, 19QOS19 said:

They did well with their margins but the product was awful. I often wonder if the corporate clients are told beforehand that in order to feature in the show they must always make a deal with this lot regardless of price. 

Well they obviously do it for the publicity / a bit of a laugh. These are proper businesses. There's not a chance in a million that they are giving the food order for a corporate event to some amateurs who haven't cooked or dealt with events before. If there was any genuine event they'd get genuine caterers.

As such then, the "refund" or reduced price is inevitably just gesture stuff. The whole thing is a game show and has been since it stopped being a genuine 10 week job interview about a decade ago! The farce of not being able to phone the rest of your team to check things, or check the internet for product names in the sourcing task etc just underlines that.

On 16/02/2024 at 09:15, Albertlegend said:

Another task won by the least pish effort! The boy that got fired, was completely delusional! He genuinely thought he was good and when the guy said is this meant to be mental and he said no it’s serious 🤦‍♂️

he also said of their logo “once you have explained it, it self explanatory” well it clearly isn’t! 

the buying task next week which is always a classic!

I love the buying task for the entertainment but conceptually it irritates me as it's such a redundant task. In real life it wouldn't happen. You'd google what the thing is and where to get one. It's just an excuse to send the teams away somewhere for a day or two.

On 15/02/2024 at 17:48, Newbornbairn said:

BBC never heard of spoilers?

They didn't actually say he was going out that week, just confirmed that he wouldn't appear on You're Fired when he does go (though there's a clear implication that he's not winning). He happens to have gone last week but that's a coincidence.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really starting to dislike the blonde Tory cow. As well as the other blonde with the specs. 

The Irish lass has the blonde with the specs sussed. She absolutely sucks up to the team leader when they lose. 

Some nice scenes there for a change 😀

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really starting to dislike the blonde Tory cow. As well as the other blonde with the specs. 

She’s one of the advisers. I don’t think she can be fired!

Classic episode of the buying task, the brass neck to go in and ask to buy stuff out a shop for less that half the price is impressive. Was annoyed no one stuck up for the Irish lass in the boardroom, manager guy said she was settling for 210 until he jumped in and that’s blatantly not what happened! 

also enjoyed the guy who bought the shackle “lord sugar I know it was the wrong item and we got fined but got him down from 14 to 8 quid, yeah I know the other team only spend 1.25” 😂

When the whole losing team were brought back into the boardroom I was thinking Sugar liked all three candidates who were already there's business ideas and didn't want to fire them this early so wanted to make someone else with a shitter idea the patsy and fire them.

In the end it was a 'this was fucking shite and you're all going to watch me fire two of you and let this be a warning to be 1000 times less shite on the next task.'

I continue to watch and it continues to anger me for many reasons.

1. Alan sugar (can shove his lordship up his arse) is a c**t

2. Karen Brady is a c**t

3. the candidates are all c***s

4. the candidates are all useless

5. it’s getting more and more staged to make tv rather than being good at business 

The candidates get worse every year.  You can see the quality of them deteriorate from one year to the next.  Surely they'll run out of people applying in a few years?  Or will they just end up giving a slot to Dave the tiler from Luton who's business idea is a 'Tommy Robinson themed protest experience' and Lisa the Tesco checkout operative from Doncaster who's is a 'Girls night out in Sheffield experience' including drunken fighting between each other, abusing Kebab shop staff and trying to grab the cocks of male police officers?

They put a fart logo on a race car. 

They spelled exhilaration wrong on their logo.

Their adverts were painfully awful.

It's not just the people that are bad, most of the tasks need changed. 

I mean that was another very dull episode.  Teams badly needing mixed up which will surely happen next week.

Phil must have one hell of a business plan.

He must have.  He's lost every task and is still there.  Sugar has made Maura the PM for next week but he should be moving Phil over to the other team next week and making him the PM even though he's already been PM and whoever loses is fired, regardless of the two they bring back in with them.

Can't believe the snotty Tory cow never got brought back in last night. For that reason alone the arse licker deserved to go. They made a complete arse of the product and the packaging, both of which her and her 2 team-mates were in charge of. I quite like the Irish lass but she does seem a bit simple. 

Tim Curry leading the other team to success but he seemed to be carried tbh.