The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

Stopped watching this a few years ago when I realised Alan Sugar was a racist arsehole, plus the formula and the tasks got repetitive and boring, not to mention the fact at least half the candidates have no interest or hope of winning and are merely there to be on telly, get noticed on social media and carve out some form of career in the media. 

Think I gave up after the series where the winner was some daft brainless bint who had the novel and groundbreaking business plan of selling a mixed bag of Pick & Mix sweets in a sellofane wrapper with a bow on it, charging something like a tenner for about a pounds worth of sweets, incredibly the daft old racist thought that was worthy of a quarter of a million pounds investment 🤦‍♂️😂

Correct sacking this week, surprised the girls won by so much when they seemed to have more struggles selling than the boys.

The editing on this programme is fantastic. The bit last night where the boys came out of their corporate negotiation, the look on guy who cocked up the meeting’s face when says he thinks it went quite well and the other guy tells him it was a complete car crash had me buckled.

On 09/02/2024 at 09:39, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Correct sacking this week, surprised the girls won by so much when they seemed to have more struggles selling than the boys.

The editing on this programme is fantastic. The bit last night where the boys came out of their corporate negotiation, the look on guy who cocked up the meeting’s face when says he thinks it went quite well and the other guy tells him it was a complete car crash had me buckled.

Clear from the start the girls margins were much much bigger than the boys and it was going to take a selling disaster or massive refund for them to lose. Probably the first time I've watched in a long time that I actually thought a team did really well. 

Agreed right one went but wasn't a great PM either. Boys looking a bit useless again this year. 

On 10/02/2024 at 12:51, nelsjfc said:

Clear from the start the girls margins were much much bigger than the boys and it was going to take a selling disaster or massive refund for them to lose. Probably the first time I've watched in a long time that I actually thought a team did really well. 

Agreed right one went but wasn't a great PM either. Boys looking a bit useless again this year. 

They did well with their margins but the product was awful. I often wonder if the corporate clients are told beforehand that in order to feature in the show they must always make a deal with this lot regardless of price. 

On 12/02/2024 at 00:16, 19QOS19 said:

They did well with their margins but the product was awful. I often wonder if the corporate clients are told beforehand that in order to feature in the show they must always make a deal with this lot regardless of price. 

Essentially free advertising for them isn’t it. They won’t mind dishing out £500 or so, if it’s even their money they use, to get a nice wee promotion on a BBC program.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Do they mention the corporates by name? Can't say I've ever remembered if they have so pretty crap advertising. 

It was Innocent smoothies that were on the last task. Mentioned by name a couple of times, I'm sure.

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Do they mention the corporates by name? Can't say I've ever remembered if they have so pretty crap advertising. 

Nah they always mention the names.  Fairly sure they've had ASDA and other shops in the past.

Another task won by the least pish effort! The boy that got fired, was completely delusional! He genuinely thought he was good and when the guy said is this meant to be mental and he said no it’s serious 🤦‍♂️

he also said of their logo “once you have explained it, it self explanatory” well it clearly isn’t! 

the buying task next week which is always a classic!