The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Humza Yousaf’s government passed a law that says that no one under the age of 18 can be put in a prison/young offenders institute even if they commit murder, rape etc. One of the most horrific calculated acts ive ever known was committed by someone who at 16 under this legislation wouldn’t be in a prison or YOI to keep the public safe despite showing no remorse and clear attempts to hide the crime, unspeakable evil, Natalie Don, the childrens minister stood up in parliament and boasted about this. Its also now ‘being in conflict with the law’ instead of being involved in criminality. There are legal loopholes which the government is aware of in other acts which they ignore, despite again them putting the public at risk.  

The policies of this SNP government and the performance of the SNP at all levels (except id argue at Westminster where Flynn seems to do a good job) are failing the public, they don’t learn from mistakes, they double down, things arent getting better, under them for the last 17 years, the NHS is failing, legal system broken, the ferry fiasco, honestly we need a break from them. 

I agree the SNP are a leftie shambles, even worse with the Greens involved.

Will there actually be an election or will we just get the likes of Swinney for the next couple of years? 

If not the SNP, which party is best equipped to run the country?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I agree the SNP are a leftie shambles, even worse with the Greens involved.

Will there actually be an election or will we just get the likes of Swinney for the next couple of years? 

If not the SNP, which party is best equipped to run the country?

They need to come back to the centre, be humble and focus on making Scotland a safe and prosperous country! 

25 minutes ago, orfc said:

There's nothing like a man who was shit at the job over 20 years ago to turn SNP fortunes around 🙂

Whoever gets the gig should tell the greenies to do one, they've proven themselves to be unreliable and shout fascist at anyone further right than Karl Marx. Get the Lib Dems on board 🙂

That’s probably a sensible move for the SNP, given the Lib Dems form for being eager to bend over and do as they’re told in coalitions. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They need to come back to the centre, be humble and focus on making Scotland a safe and prosperous country! 

That would be a potentially winning formula and would have the best chance of moving independence forward. 

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Humza Yousaf’s government passed a law that says that no one under the age of 18 can be put in a prison/young offenders institute even if they commit murder, rape etc.

Which law is this? (genuinely asking because I've honestly not heard about it)

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kate Forbes believes in conversion therapy.  She’s also aloof, largely unlikable and pretty much unapproachable in her constituency.   But really, her campaign should stop at the end of the first sentence. Irrespective of whether she proposes it or not.  

John Swinney is the Derek Adams of the Indy movement.  

The idea that any political party should be a ‘broad church’ should have its limitations.  There should be no room for homophobes or creationists in the SNP.

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Scotland is a safe country so there'll be no need for your Jail the Kids policy.

Just now, Stephen Malkmus said:

Scotland is a safe country so there'll be no need for your Jail the Kids policy.

Would you tell the parents of Alesha Macphail that the person who killed their kid (who the snp deemed old enough to vote) doesnt belong in prison? Would you be so glib about it as you have here?

16 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

That’s probably a sensible move for the SNP, given the Lib Dems form for being eager to bend over and do as they’re told in coalitions. 

I'm assuming that's another pissweak troll attempt from a serial offender, considering the Lib Dems are very much part of the "anything but independence" camp.

57 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are we thinking that most folk just aren't aware of Forbes' views/abilities and think she looks like a nice lassie, but they'll be in for a shock if she takes over?

Ash Regan permanently looks like someone took a shit on her porch and she's not impressed by how the polis are handling it, so that's probably what scuppered her.

I think there's some truth in this.  Forbes has what might generously be described as some "fringe" views and beliefs, and it's not really good enough to say she respects the law when she wants to lead her party and by extension the country. She also, frankly, doesn't seem all that fussed about independence. But in image terms, when she's interviewed on telly about a random topic she comes across as mild-mannered and sensible (if you don't know her views).

Regan on the other hand is more pro-independence but she is a bit JK Rowlingy, and in image terms does come across as permanently annoyed and rather unlikable. I suspect it was both that and not having anywhere near enough friends and supporters in the party which made her an also-ran.

Image is obviously important in politics, which is one of the reasons Swinney seems like an odd step here unless the plan is to bore everyone into submission. On the other hand, no one is standing out. I've always quite liked Angus Robertson but he seems out of the picture for some reason.

10 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I think there's some truth in this.  Forbes has what might generously be described as some "fringe" views and beliefs, and it's not really good enough to say she respects the law when she wants to lead her party and by extension the country. She also, frankly, doesn't seem all that fussed about independence. But in image terms, when she's interviewed on telly about a random topic she comes across as mild-mannered and sensible (if you don't know her views).

Regan on the other hand is more pro-independence but she is a bit JK Rowlingy, and in image terms does come across as permanently annoyed and rather unlikable. I suspect it was both that and not having anywhere near enough friends and supporters in the party which made her an also-ran.

Image is obviously important in politics, which is one of the reasons Swinney seems like an odd step here unless the plan is to bore everyone into submission. On the other hand, no one is standing out. I've always quite liked Angus Robertson but he seems out of the picture for some reason.

Swinney as caretaker manager for 2 seasons 

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Would you tell the parents of Alesha Macphail that the person who killed their kid (who the snp deemed old enough to vote) doesnt belong in prison? Would you be so glib about it as you have here?

I dont want to be glib about it...........but, iirc the Chief Inspector of Prisons actually wanted a change to secure accommodation a few years ago, and the bill had support from other parties?

I suppose its designed to prevent young vulnerable bams from turning into older and more hardened bams in places like Polmont................although I do appreciate that there are some offenders - like the guy you mention above - who really do need to go away for a long time.

Obviously you see more of the end result than me.

The UN actually want under 25s removed from the prison system, no sure I agree with that !

It's probably a symptom of unconscious bigotry, but I'd find it hard to vote for someone with Ash Regan's accent even if she wasn't an utter fruitloop. 

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm assuming that's another pissweak troll attempt from a serial offender, considering the Lib Dems are very much part of the "anything but independence" camp.

As much as the greens have to realise anyone who doesn't agree with them isn't Genghis Khan, you have to realise my debonair devils advocate stylee isn't bait 🙂

Given the snp have kicked out some supposed independence supporters and won't work with the other ones, there's only unionists left , and your 4 lib dems get the SNP over the line for the least effort 🙂

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

One interesting thing is that absolutely nobody has mentioned Angus Robertson as a potential leader.  Just totally gone from the conversation after being such a major figure.  

Jim Sillars on SKy just then saying he backed Kate Forbes, for what that's worth.

Doesn't have anything like the level of support needed to run.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Doesn't have anything like the level of support needed to run.

Doesn't want it either, I don't think. Cited having a young family for saying no the last time out so he'll still be in the same situ a year on. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Humza Yousaf’s government passed a law that says that no one under the age of 18 can be put in a prison/young offenders institute even if they commit murder, rape etc. One of the most horrific calculated acts ive ever known was committed by someone who at 16 under this legislation wouldn’t be in a prison or YOI to keep the public safe despite showing no remorse and clear attempts to hide the crime, unspeakable evil, Natalie Don, the childrens minister stood up in parliament and boasted about this. Its also now ‘being in conflict with the law’ instead of being involved in criminality. There are legal loopholes which the government is aware of in other acts which they ignore, despite again them putting the public at risk.  

The policies of this SNP government and the performance of the SNP at all levels (except id argue at Westminster where Flynn seems to do a good job) are failing the public, they don’t learn from mistakes, they double down, things arent getting better, under them for the last 17 years, the NHS is failing, legal system broken, the ferry fiasco, honestly we need a break from them. 

In what way does Flynn do a good job? To me he comes across as obnoxious and condescending. What do the SNP achieve down there? They just shout and bawl from the sidelines and oppose absolutely everything. They even voted against the National Insurance cut!

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

1 hour ago, orfc said:

There's nothing like a man who was shit at the job over 20 years ago to turn SNP fortunes around 🙂

Whoever gets the gig should tell the greenies to do one, they've proven themselves to be unreliable and shout fascist at anyone further right than Karl Marx. Get the Lib Dems on board 🙂

The same Lib Dems who jumped into bed with the Tories and brought us years of austerity and ultimately Boris the Johnson nearly wiping out their own party as a result? Mind you they did give us Wullie Rennie and his unique brand of promoting his party.