Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The police arrest people so they can question them about crimes.  If they invite you to take to them you don't have to.  If they arrest you then you have to at least have the questions put to you - you can, of course, refuse to answer or give a 'no comment' interview.

Which is pretty much an admission of guilt, if television is to be believed.

12 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Must say, I think it's all rather odd the way people are being put under arrest.   Nothing there about 'assisting police with enquiries',

or inviting people to show up at police station to discuss things. It's not as if they're very llkely to flee the country.

The faint thought that this is all a bit like a right wing coup, and a wonder as to who it is that is driving the heavy handedness of

all that's being going on....... has crossed my mind ?

Yep, when the police "popped in" to Michelle Mones husbands gaff in the Isle of Man to sieze papers he wasnt arrested, and they were allowed to piss off out the country.......apparently forever.

Regardless of how heavy handed the SNP stuff is - if something illegal has gone on, they will be charged and rightly so.

If not, the Crown are going to look fucking silly.

25 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Must say, I think it's all rather odd the way people are being put under arrest.   Nothing there about 'assisting police with enquiries',

or inviting people to show up at police station to discuss things. It's not as if they're very llkely to flee the country.

The faint thought that this is all a bit like a right wing coup, and a wonder as to who it is that is driving the heavy handedness of

all that's being going on....... has crossed my mind ?

It can only be a combination of Plod Alba and COPFS.

8 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I'll stand by what I said. It all seems slightly odd.

Aside from, obviously, direct political opponents who would gain,

are there others with a significant interest in all this ?

I don't know justice maybe?

If there has been a crime committed, let the investigation proceed.

Baldy headed high yins in the SNP should not be above the law.

Neither should those very close to them that simply "can't recall" details when asked.

Edited by wirez

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

How long before Nicola reports in for questioning and tells the cops that lessons have been learned  

'Sorry I can't recall my husband talking about the £110,000 motorhome parked at my mother in law's house'

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Every Yoon on here appears to be forgetting that its up to the Crown to prove that an offence has been committed. "I don't recall" is a perfectly acceptable response under caution, and cannot be used to imply guilt.

The "I didn't know it was a party" defence. Gotcha. That worked out for him.

6 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The "I didn't know it was a party" defence. Gotcha. That worked out for him.

No. It's completely different. The Police offered Boris a Fixed Penalty Notice because they believed that they could prove that he had disobeyed lockdown restrictions. He chose to pay the FPN rather than force the police to prosecute.

As far as I'm aware, no-one in the SNP has even been charged with anything yet. The situations are in no way analogous.

16 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Every Yoon on here appears to be forgetting that its up to the Crown to prove that an offence has been committed. "I don't recall" is a perfectly acceptable response under caution, and cannot be used to imply guilt.

All of which makes it the ideal response to questioning if you actually were guilty of the thing you are being questioned about.

It's more than possible to support independence and not support the SNP. Surely that's been made abundanty clear over and over again in the last few weeks?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The police arrest people so they can question them about crimes.  If they invite you to talk to them you don't have to.  If they arrest you then you have to at least have the questions put to you - you can, of course, refuse to answer or give a 'no comment' interview.

"can't recall", shirley?

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

No. It's completely different. The Police offered Boris a Fixed Penalty Notice because they believed that they could prove that he had disobeyed lockdown restrictions. He chose to pay the FPN rather than force the police to prosecute.

As far as I'm aware, no-one in the SNP has even been charged with anything yet. The situations are in no way analogous.

Mud sticks. Everyone, including Stugeon, had Boris guilty before any fines had been issued. His pathetic defence was quite rightly also publicly derided by most politicians and public alike

Do you think the SNP leaders would let her give a no comment statement to the police, if it ever comes to that? Honestly?