Final Day: Raith Rovers vs Thistle - Friday 5th May 2023

Went along out of habit but really enjoyed that tonight. Down to the bare bones but team dug in well and great not to lose. Would have loved to ruined Thistle’s play off hopes at the time but on reflection would much rather have them than Morton in the play offs. Good luck to Thistle but selfishly hope you stay down as I love Firhill as an away day. 

Watched the highlights as well, I don't think it was a penalty for us just before Raith's second goal as I think it hit the defender's thigh and bounced onto his arm, but why no replay from behind the goal, camera angle too narrow? 

Docherty's handball for the Rovers penalty looks ten times worse on replay, like Luke Shaw last night, what the f**k are you doing man? 

I'm quite glad the way the playoffs have worked out.

Bullen and Doolan are much less detestable than Dodds and Imrie.

If Thistle fans and players would stop squealing for a penalty when the ball hits an opposition player's thigh, I'd be quite tempted to wish them every success in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm quite glad the way the playoffs have worked out.

Bullen and Doolan are much less detestable than Dodds and Imrie.

If Thistle fans and players would stop squealing for a penalty when the ball hits an opposition player's thigh, I'd be quite tempted to wish them every success in the playoffs.

A good game to play when watching opposing fans displaying indignation is to join in agreeing with their point of view.

Granted, it get's fucking boring after a while, yet it passes the time.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Watched the highlights as well, I don't think it was a penalty for us just before Raith's second goal as I think it hit the defender's thigh and bounced onto his arm, but why no replay from behind the goal, camera angle too narrow? 

Docherty's handball for the Rovers penalty looks ten times worse on replay, like Luke Shaw last night, what the f**k are you doing man? 

As I understand it, there is a limited replay function on those cameras and if it isn’t triggered within a few seconds it isn’t recoverable, plus there is a storage limit on them. I might be mistaken there, but it was mentioned earlier this year in a similar situation. Hopefully the new investment will include some equipment upgrades for RaithTV.

Couldn't fault the enthusiasm of the Thistle goalkeeper wanting to go up the park for that last minute corner. Wisely sent back by their bench who were obviously more aware of the implications of a goal for us than he was. 

9 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Which is really disappointing considering how frustrating it is knowing a player that can carry the ball better than both of them put together won’t be considered.

McKinnon isn’t is good as Turner, Bannigan or Docherty. The game passes him by too often.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Couldn't fault the enthusiasm of the Thistle goalkeeper wanting to go up the park for that last minute corner. Wisely sent back by their bench who were obviously more aware of the implications of a goal for us than he was. 

I was thinking about this at the time. If they score they are up to 2nd and get straight into the play off semis. If we had went up the pitch and scored they would have been out of the play offs all together. 

It was fun watching the other scores coming in seeing how if affected the table. It's just a shame we had nothing to play for. On that note i was really happy with how the team tried in the 2nd half especially.

39 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

So sad to hear of this, I saw the platform at the station blocked off by the police, and paramedics doing their best.

On my way home I was hopeful of a different outcome, rest in peace, from a football supporter,

That’s awful to hear 😢 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

So sad to hear of this, I saw the platform at the station blocked off by the police, and paramedics doing their best.

On my way home I was hopeful of a different outcome, rest in peace, from a football supporter,

Shame for the boy. RIP.