Conference League: Premiership fans' views?

On 03/05/2023 at 11:24, morrison said:

The only goal here is to establish the B teams permanently at tier 5, without needing their annual bribing of LL clubs. This will give them the platform they want to focus solely on the push for promotion to the SPFL proper.

It can't be allowed to happen.

This is it. If it goes ahead it will barely be started and they will be challenging the no promotion clause and will simply try to keep chucking enough money at it until they get their way.

The proposal as it stands is beneficial to no-one, Rangers and Celtic included. It's purely a starting point and vehicle for an assault on admission to League 2 and promotion through the divisions to the Championship, which their over inflated ego's and sense of entitlement have them believing is their right.

They are relentless in pushing their agenda to get their own way purely for their own ends, waving money about to get it without a care as to the detrimental effect it will have on others in a football and sporting sense. All the other clubs need to unite, refuse to be bought, and make sure it doesn't happen.

IMG_2885.thumb.jpeg.cb99a87792535b19f19ab61ef327d797.jpeg

And there it is from Michael Beale. 

It is all about the benefit of rangers first team. God forbid he may have to let players like Hagi go to allow them to have a playing career when he could be getting him fit in our lower leagues. Every single person with a brain knew that once they were in the lowland league they’d tried to grow this concept. He’s already slating the ability of the lowland league to develop his players.

This is such a grim proposal and I’m fearful it will just get railroaded through. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

IMG_2885.thumb.jpeg.cb99a87792535b19f19ab61ef327d797.jpeg

And there it is from Michael Beale. 

It is all about the benefit of rangers first team. God forbid he may have to let players like Hagi go to allow them to have a playing career when he could be getting him fit in our lower leagues. Every single person with a brain knew that once they were in the lowland league they’d tried to grow this concept. He’s already slating the ability of the lowland league to develop his players.

This is such a grim proposal and I’m fearful it will just get railroaded through. 

If only there were other teams these players could go to. Maybe even a performance based Pyramid allowing teams and players to find their level. Maybe even in different countries, do they have football abroad?

17 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

This is it. If it goes ahead it will barely be started and they will be challenging the no promotion clause and will simply try to keep chucking enough money at it until they get their way.

The proposal as it stands is beneficial to no-one, Rangers and Celtic included. It's purely a starting point and vehicle for an assault on admission to League 2 and promotion through the divisions to the Championship, which their over inflated ego's and sense of entitlement have them believing is their right.

They are relentless in pushing their agenda to get their own way purely for their own ends, waving money about to get it without a care as to the detrimental effect it will have on others in a football and sporting sense. All the other clubs need to unite, refuse to be bought, and make sure it doesn't happen.

The Well Society has put this out to its members for consultation in advance of the vote. If the results are representative of the Motherwell fans Ive spoken to it will be a unanimous no from the Society. How that impacts the clubs decision remains to be seen, but we are usually pretty switched on when it comes to listening to the views of our fans.

Hopefully the other clubs have similar avenues to make their voices heard. This is too important to let slide......

Apart from all the obvious bull**** that Maxwell has spouted about this, the end game is crystal clear.

in 5 years time when Scotland under 19’s still haven’t qualified for anything, they will come back saying that it is because the bigot B Teams are not in The Championship. This must be stopped now

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Excellent article.

Get this omni-shambles so far to f**k away from our game...

The whole thing can get in the sea as far as I am concerned. I'm pretty sure 99% of fans who do not have planned B teams would agree. I suspect if you are a Hearts, Rangers or Celtic fan, you'd justify it to yourself as you'd be completely blinkered by anything your club does.

The argument that it is to develop players is flawed as there is no evidence of the current B teams doing anything of the sort.

I'd bet if you required each club to have a minimum of say 3 B team players from the last season in their matchday A team squad (kind of like the old u21 rule), they'd quickly change their minds.

Also, from the lower league clubs point of view, there is 2 local teams near me promoted for next season to the 6th tier, joining one already there. That will result in more fans, better pathways for local players etc. Drop a league and its less interesting and probably less incentive.

Only 2 clubs really benefit from this (Hearts will eventually drop out) and frankly, they need no more 'help'.

Throw in, that Maxwell has proven over the last few weeks that he does nothing in the interest of fans, I'd believe bot a single word that comes out of his mouth. 

37 minutes ago, stressball said:

I’d much rather prefer a proper reserve league set up.

There is one. Makes you wonder why the current  b teams aren't in it 🤔  are they looking to eventually queue jump again into a higher league ?

Edited by lithgierose

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

The whole thing can get in the sea as far as I am concerned. I'm pretty sure 99% of fans who do not have planned B teams would agree. I suspect if you are a Hearts, Rangers or Celtic fan, you'd justify it to yourself as you'd be completely blinkered by anything your club does.

I don't know a single Hearts fan who is in favour of this.

I think this is a real test for our clubs. At the D Day Meeting, Maxwell has said that if the proposal is rejected, the SFA will impose it anyway. The threat being that clubs will be invited and not on merit. 
If this happens, in an ideal world, every club approached should tell Maxwell and Doncaster to do one. Of course, some would jump at the chance of cash and these clubs should be boycotted by everyone else. 
The present pyramid is not perfect, but it is slowly moving ambitious clubs upwards. 
Interesting times ahead and if only the late Raith Rovers chairman was still here. It’s like 2012 Armageddon all over again

Edited by CambieBud