The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

10 minutes ago, jagfox said:

We played some nice stuff and put the game to bed. Naybe Queens should take a leaf out of that book? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why are you being so defensive and touchy?

Of course, Thistle dominated and deserved to get through.  I'm not suggesting otherwise.  The tie was killed early tonight though, which made it less interesting if you've no great stake.

That really is all you know.

The seaside leagues are taking their toll on you monkey. We see you. We still see you. You’re still relevant. Honest.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The seaside leagues are taking their toll on you monkey. We see you. We still see you. You’re still relevant. Honest.

Bit weird.

you post to observe that QP missing an early chance then falling behind killed the tie.

Cue an attack on on you and on your team.

Bit weird.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Bit weird.

you post to observe that QP missing an early chance then falling behind killed the tie.

Bit weird.

Ok. Talking of weird, what the f**k is that post all about. I’m an Ayr fan. I used to quite enjoy your forays into BRALT but your posts recently have been the epitome of “scrambling for relevance”. 

56 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This might have been mildly interesting had that Davidson twit kicked the ball properly when he was lucky to have his half-arsed effort come back to him off the 'keeper at the start. 

As is though, it's been tiresome rubbish.

55 minutes ago, jagfox said:

What league are the other Queens in these days? 🤔

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

League 1.

You're right.  That renders tonight's match fascinating and on a knife edge throughout.

My mistake. I'd forgotten the impact the current status of my team could have on the nature of tonight's spectacle.

38 minutes ago, jagfox said:

We played some nice stuff and put the game to bed. Naybe Queens should take a leaf out of that book? 🤔

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why are you being so defensive and touchy?

Of course, Thistle dominated and deserved to get through.  I'm not suggesting otherwise.  The tie was killed early tonight though, which made it less interesting if you've no great stake.

That really is all you know.

25 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bit weird.

Bit weird.

Oh wait, you thought I was @jagfox. No offence taken. I’ll step aside. Carry on chaps. Just so you know @Monkey Tennis, rumour has it @jagfox is a right ugly c**t. That’s how you can tell us apart in future.

19 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ok. Talking of weird, what the f**k is that post all about. I’m an Ayr fan. I used to quite enjoy your forays into BRALT but your posts recently have been the epitome of “scrambling for relevance”. 

Seriously, how so?

How does offering an uncontroversial opinion on a thread relating to a match I'm watching on TV amount to scrambling for anything?

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Oh wait, you thought I was @jagfox. No offence taken. I’ll step aside. Carry on chaps. Just so you know @Monkey Tennis, rumour has it @jagfox is a right ugly c**t. That’s how you can tell us apart in future.

Eh?

There was no confusion.

Two distinct posters were behaving like arsholes for no discernible reason.  It happens.

28 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Conspiracy theorists would say Queens didn't want to go up because their ground wasn't ready and they need to spend Haugheys £1m next season on defenders.

In case you haven’t been paying attention the money is not being spent on players, but on coaching and youth development (and of course a white elephant of a ground).

The whole point of moneyball (see recent articles about AZ where Beuker came from and Billy Beane owns 5% of the club) is that you develop players and find value (via statistical analysis) in players undervalued in the market. It’s not about spending money on ageing PL players like Gretna did

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bit weird.

Bit weird.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Eh?

There was no confusion.

Two distinct posters were behaving like arsholes for no discernible reason.  It happens.

Two distinct posters? That support both Ayr and Partick? For the avoidance of doubt…I support Ayr. @jagfox supports Partick.

Give me a shout if you still need help. Or just admit you messed up. Or, and this is you best option, head back to the league 1 forum.

11 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Two distinct posters? That support both Ayr and Partick? For the avoidance of doubt…I support Ayr. @jagfox supports Partick.

Give me a shout if you still need help. Or just admit you messed up. Or, and this is you best option, head back to the league 1 forum.

I genuinely have no idea what you're on about.

I know I should probably leave it, but seriously, how do you think I messed up?

Actually, wait.  I get it now.  You've repeatedly put the word 'you' in bold.  That's what's thrown you, isn't it?  You couldn't understand who was being addressed or referred to.

You can't actually cope with the second person thing.

I had not considered the possibility that you might be that thick, hence my confusion.

My mistake.  I can laugh at it now.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Because they were cunting everyone until about March then Dundee eventually caught them. 

We took ten points from twelve from them. Please do not lump us in with these teams which they were supposedly cunting.

Congrats Thistle, and good luck, although I think my mum could have got a hattrick against us tonight! 

Not the defensive performance we needed.  But still a great adventure this season. Third place is a good effort for a newly promoted side.

49 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

In case you haven’t been paying attention the money is not being spent on players, but on coaching and youth development (and of course a white elephant of a ground).

The whole point of moneyball (see recent articles about AZ where Beuker came from and Billy Beane owns 5% of the club) is that you develop players and find value (via statistical analysis) in players undervalued in the market. It’s not about spending money on ageing PL players like Gretna did

Aye signing Simon Murray in League Two was a prime example of finding value.