The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

Thistle were excellent. Tip them to get to the final. Will be very difficult whoever they play but they’re the Championships best hope IMO. We beat Killie with a poorer side than we had this season. However, there’s also not that Killie team in the top flight.

Edited by Liam899

1 hour ago, jagtastic said:

As your completely unsustainable funding is from a rich celtic fan on a mad ego trip, it’s not so much the moral high ground as the laugh at failure value.

Capital investment perhaps?,  I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you; and If two  promotions and a play-off berth for the SPL in three seasons is 'failure value' then I look forward not only to your imminent promotion, but also your charge for European football next year - given your expectation levels

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

First half was remarkable. Partick just ruining Queens Park on Queens left hand side and Coyle done absolutely nothing about it.

Second half a complete non-event as both sides knew the game was done.

For such an experienced manager, Queens have looked unbelievably naive tactically over these 2 games and the Dundee game. Nice and fun being an attacking side but only when its actually working. 

1/ Missed the first half much to my annoyance as I was on taxi duties. Saw the goals when I came back in, no idea if they were deserved or against the run of play.

2/ As you say, bit of a non event, especially after it had got to the hour mark without Queen's scoring. Plenty of the ball without looking that dangerous. Always thought Thistle had another goal in them.

4 more games to go, they don't make getting promoted to the Premiership easy.

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I understand what you're trying to say, but Simon Murray was shite for us until the playoffs last season and up until that point I don't think any Queen's fans would have been interested in keeping him this season even if we were in League One. Coyle did a hell of a job getting the most of a guy who was on a one way ticket to Darvel or the like.

:bairn

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

1/ Missed the first half much to my annoyance as I was on taxi duties. Saw the goals when I came back in, no idea if they were deserved or against the run of play.

They were very much with the run of play. It was the most complete Thistle performance of the season by some distance, and like you said I think we had more goals in us if we'd really needed them, which thankfully we didn't.

The first team in 9(?) years of this Premiership playoff format to win a tie from 4th place. I'd imagine the matchup with Ayr will be a closer and generally more cautious tie than this one, but we do appear to be clicking in an attacking sense at exactly the right time, and if we can keep Akinyemi quiet then maybe we can go even further.

If Doolan gets this team promoted, just build the fucking statue.

38 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Queens Park play ball across backline 5 times.

Fox hoofs it.

Partick attack Queens down the right.

Cut back into box from byline.

Either goal or miss. 

Repeat endlessly.

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

Thistle were excellent. Tip them to get to the final. Will be very difficult whoever they play but they’re the Championships best hope IMO. We beat Killie with a poorer side than we had this season. However, there’s also not that Killie team in the top flight.

I would say that the current Kilmarnock side is similarly poor to the one that you previously beat. 

Their current side is probably better defensively, about the same in midfield with Armstrong in place of Burke but that team had an on form Lafferty too.

Regardkess, if it’s them they would obviously be favourites as both ourselves and Partick have very obvious weaknesses in defence. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I missed that, but was only joking. A lot our fans seem to think there is something against us from the likes of Foster and Crichton 

Who will they dig out for the semis, that's the important question. Will Stevo make an appearance?

6 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

The way it ended apparently hasn't turned him against us...

Foster ScrappyDoo.gif.f163420f83f5b829d41824e842480aca.gif

That happened to him at every club except County for some reason. 

edit: holy shit.  Just seen the fourth goal.  That QP keeper.  Lordy. 

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That happened to him at every club except County for some reason. 

edit: holy shit.  Just seen the fourth goal.  That QP keeper.  Lordy. 

To be fair I think there was an wicked deflection and I thought he actually made a great save.

Great performance from Thistle. Brian Graham had a great match but I couldn't believe he avoided a red card for two blatant kicks in succession on the same player, with no attempt to go for the ball. With VAR either one of those challenges would've likely been a red card. There have been several recent red cards from similar challenges but with the player going for the ball. It was also quite mystifying what Graham could have whispered to the ref before he pulled out the yellow card, then he whispered something to a QP player who'd ran up to him in anger, the QP player then patted Graham on the back and gave him a smile.

Big Brian must have some sort of hypnotic charm, as he then told James McFadden to give him the MOM award as he was subbed off. Faddy said in commentary thet he couldn't give him MOM as he wasn't on the field long enough and also as Graham had tried to coerce him. Faddy then changed his mind and duly awarded MOM to big Brian, who waltzed up to the BBC presenters to accept the award.

6 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Great performance from Thistle. Brian Graham had a great match but I couldn't believe he avoided a red card for two blatant kicks in succession on the same player, with no attempt to go for the ball. With VAR either one of those challenges would've likely been a red card. There have been several recent red cards from similar challenges but with the player going for the ball. It was also quite mystifying what Graham could have whispered to the ref before he pulled out the yellow card, then he whispered something to a QP player who'd ran up to him in anger, the QP player then patted Graham on the back and gave him a smile.

Big Brian must have some sort of hypnotic charm, as he then told James McFadden to give him the MOM award as he was subbed off. Faddy said in commentary thet he couldn't give him MOM as he wasn't on the field long enough and also as Graham had tried to coerce him. Faddy then changed his mind and duly awarded MOM to big Brian, who waltzed up to the BBC presenters to accept the award.

This post is so all over the place that I don’t really know where to start.