Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Wtf is this shite about? Never saw anyone choking?

Fisher went down midway through the 2nd half, comrie went over to him and and the ref waved the doctor on, the waiving got a little more frantic and he ended up needing a couple of back thrusts to dislodge whatever was in the way.ย 

ย 

5 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Looked like he was checking on the Pars players welfare, but parsforlife will have had a better view hanging out of that stand throwing tissue paper.ย 

I wouldnโ€™t be doing that, just utter idiocy from those doing so, Iโ€™m a bit surprised we had another tifo display after similar happened at the Falkirk game, sadly predictable.

4 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Looked like he was checking on the Pars players welfare, but parsforlife will have had a better view hangingย out of that stand throwing tissue paper.ย 

This. Walks across to see if the guy is ok. Physio puts his hand up, Shaun goes for a drink of water, physio says no and told to stay back, and gets booed to high heaven. More scummy to chuck plastic flags on the pitch at players during the game. Noticed it was clear the second half though!

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Fisher went down midway through the 2nd half, comrie went over to him and and the ref waved the doctor on, the waiving got a little more frantic and he ended up needing a couple of back thrusts to dislodge whatever was in the way.ย 

ย 

I wouldnโ€™t be doing that, just utter idiocy from those doing so, Iโ€™m a bit surprised we had another tifo display after similar happened at the Falkirk game, sadly predictable.

Aye saw him getting treatment but no idea he was choking. Pretty heroic of him to cheat death and still play the full 90 minutes. Fair play to the boyย 

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Fair play, rovers took their opportunity when it mattered. ย  Surprised how much of the ball we had and we got into decent areas but never truely had the cutting edge.

felt rovers game management in the second half was really good, the type of stuff the gets everyone raging if your behind but exactly what you should be doing when in front.

I know there has been issues with supporter behavior, I think it was largely fine today but shouting dig a hole and booing someone chocking has to be the scumiest behavior I think Iโ€™ve seen at the football, ย not many involved but those that were need to have a proper look at themselves.ย 

When you have Wighton up top, a proven 1st Div striker but not good enough for Championship football you'll huff and puff all day.ย 

Thought that was a poor game that was devoid of any real quality, yet obviously Raith won't care.

We huffed and puffed but had f**k all in the final third, O'Halloran looks absolutely shite.

Raith got the goal from our own mistake and just sat back and we couldn't break them down.

We definitely need a couple new strikers before the window closes.

Raith better team in the first half and probably sat a little too deep in the 2nd. If Stanton could just have put that chance away when one on one. All round we looked the better sideย  Dabrowski played well and Scott Brown done what he is expected to do, break up everything in the middle of the park. Callum Smith ran all day and done very well for the goal and Stanton claimed the number 10 position today.ย 

Just now, raith1974 said:

Raith better team in the first half and probably sat a little too deep in the 2nd. If Stanton could just have put that chance away when one on one. All round we looked the better sideย  Dabrowski played well and Scott Brown done what he is expected to do, break up everything in the middle of the park. Callum Smith ran all day and done very well for the goal and Stanton claimed the number 10 position today.ย 

Yup, apart from a few flurries the Townies offered nothingโ€ฆ..FUCKING NOTHING๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Fair play to Rovers. Deserved the win. They capitalised on an error and it was a good cross and then a great flick from Stanton.

Second half, we had a lot of the ball and seemed to get into good areas, but I donโ€™t think we troubled Dabrowski at all. Also nearly conceded a second when Bene got caught sleeping. Sharp did well there. Overall, the Rovers game plan worked better than ours.

Not too disheartened, as I donโ€™t think we were outplayed or outclassed. On another day, we probably take one of those chances and Otoo doesnโ€™t get caught ball watching for the goal. But it seemed to be a common theme that the Rovers attackers were catching our defenders napping. Obviously something they were expecting/prepared for.

Special mention to Dabrowski for his exceptional save from Comrie in the first half, when it was still 0-0.ย 

First half pars had some decent efforts, but a mistake by otoo sadly led to the goal. Raith didnt offer a huge amount more, but we're neat and tidy and kep the ball better throughout the game.

ย 

Second half we had more chances, but gifted Raith a few great chances that could have killed the game off. While we rallied, had some chances, put in some decent challenges, forced corners etc, we just didn't quite seem ourselves, and I wouldn't say at any point beyond maybe a 5 minute spell near start of the second half ever had Raith on the ropes.

Decent performance but made mistakes and the better team won. Well done Raith. Confident with what I did see though and with the side we have that we will put this behind us fast

Edited by FBadgers

25 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Well done the little team, good to see they bought a wee support for their wee club . Byrne ย is a total melt who I hope rots in hell.

ย 

next

Yass, more of this please ๐Ÿ˜