Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

Half the kids in the country gave school a miss that day, including me.

The controversial referee turned out to be spying for the Stasi back home. Makes sense that someone attracted to refereeing would also enjoy grassing citizens in to the authorities. I'll bet some of our pint sized whistling twerps would go for that too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_Kirschen

image.png.32cfeb044072e59b133bcc1b14f46148.png

IMG_5072.jpeg.bb9efd903342568d10c40aa529bcf927.jpeg

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I took an actual sickie from school that day. Woke up with a ‘sore tummy’. My mum positioned me perfectly on the couch in front of the telly with a bottle of lucozade and much sympathy. She had no idea there was a game on until the bloody Alpine delivery man grassed me in. He came to the door just as the game was kicking off and had seen me through the window. “Is that your boy off the school so that he can watch the Scotland game?”. After the third degree from my mum I caved in and admitted there was no ‘sore tummy’. Lucozade confiscated and sent to my room. Which had a telly!

Ah the old classic, Lucozade when not well, doesn't matter what it was, cold, flu, shits, sick, sore ear, sore head, broken leg, was always Lucozade. 

I can never not be nervous about Scotland playing, the hype we've created by winning 4 out of 4 is making it even worse. We need to try and get the kids to bed slightly earlier tonight as well so I can make kick off, tension is palpable. 

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Slightly off topic but I’ve been looking for an excuse to post this and it will maybe put folk in the mood for tomorrow.

Now at the number of re-watches of this that I'm picking up little details every time.  My favourite is that McLean does an excited wee skip just before Dykes lays it back to him when he realises he's about to win it.

44 minutes ago, resk said:

Was it a weekday afternoon kickoff?  I think I watched it in primary school with the teacher wheeling the telly out into the classroom for us.  

It was indeed. I think it kicked off around 1pm.

30 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I took an actual sickie from school that day. Woke up with a ‘sore tummy’. My mum positioned me perfectly on the couch in front of the telly with a bottle of lucozade and much sympathy. She had no idea there was a game on until the bloody Alpine delivery man grassed me in. He came to the door just as the game was kicking off and had seen me through the window. “Is that your boy off the school so that he can watch the Scotland game?”. After the third degree from my mum I caved in and admitted there was no ‘sore tummy’. Lucozade confiscated and sent to my room. Which had a telly!

I started my sickie at lunchtime on the Monday. I knew if I'd woken up "ill" on matchday, my Dad would've seen right through me. And he actually visited as it was kicking off. He clearly used me being in hospital to get off work, the crafty bugger.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

It was indeed. I think it kicked off around 1pm.

I started my sickie at lunchtime on the Monday. I knew if I'd woken up "ill" on matchday, my Dad would've seen right through me. And he actually visited as it was kicking off. He clearly used me being in hospital to get off work, the crafty bugger.

Apples don’t fall far from trees.

20 minutes ago, BigTidy said:

Now at the number of re-watches of this that I'm picking up little details every time.  My favourite is that McLean does an excited wee skip just before Dykes lays it back to him when he realises he's about to win it.

If it were a VHS tape it would be jiggling about by now with the number of rewatches.  

I’m very conscious of the commentary at the second goal that @Kevin Finnerty and @lubo_blaha refer to.  The broadcast must just be a split second behind the audio as Stewart is screaming about the second goal just before it crosses the line.

Given what Scotland fans have had to endure over the years it’s a little diamond of a YouTube clip.

18 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I think this might be a Gough 96 minute job as Cyprus aren't a bad outfit. Got to trust Clarke and the lads though. A win here and it's gravy, going to be watching it in Tangiers so any good link would be appreciated. C'mon Scotland. 

It's on all these channels, none of which is FTA.  No doubt there will be a way to watch it on the web.

Arena 4 Hungary HD

Arena Premium 3 HD Serbia

beIN Connect MENA HD 📺

beIN Sports MENA 2 HD

beIN Sports MENA English 1 HD

C More Finland [online] 📺

DAZN Deutsch ($/geo/R)

DAZN Japan ($/geo/R)

Megogo Futbol 3 ($/geo/R)

Nova Sport Bulgaria HD

Nova Sports 2 Hellas HD

Polsat Sport Premium 5 HD

Premier Sports 1 Ireland HD

Prima Sport RO 4 HD

PrimaPlay [app] 📺

RIK 1 Cyprus HD

Sport TV4 Portugal HD

SportKlub 6 Croatia

SportKlub 6 Slovenia

SuperSport LaLiga HD

TV2 Play Danmark ($/geo/R) 📺

TV2 Play Norge ($/geo/R) 📺

TV2 Sport 1 Norge HD

UEFA.TV [online] (geo/R) 📺

ViaPlay Baltic HD

ViaPlay GB Player HD 📺

ViaPlay Iceland HD

ViaPlay Sports 1 UK HD

ViaPlay Sweden HD

Virgin Media Player (geo/R)

Virgin Media TV [app] (geo/R)

Virgin Media Two HD

10 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Hoping to watch this in Tirana/Albania.  Arrived last night and staying in Blloku if anybody has any tips as to who might have it on. 

Passed a few bars with big screens but not sure of this game will be high on the list for people wanting to watch list.   Might try popping and asking for it, no harm in trying. 

Prediction:  A stuffy 0-2.  First goal in about 20 mins from a corner.  Second in 85th again from a corner.

Hopefully  I am wrong and it is 0-6 with 3 goals in first 10 mins!

I see the Albanian stock market is climbing.

Tirana boom today...

Sorry, pre match nerves.

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Any excuse to post this piece of late 80's magnificence. Key takeaways for me are the state of the pitch (the bounce before wee Mo scores the first, f**k me), the Jock Brown phraseology ("a prodigious leap, a POWERFUL header - seriously, why can't commentators talk like this anymore), and overall scenes as we win with a goal THAT late.

I actually remember this game, the Road to Italy 90 was my first memory of watching Scotland. Imagine who Mo Johnston would have done if he played in the current squad. Some player

1 hour ago, resk said:

Was it a weekday afternoon kickoff?  I think I watched it in primary school with the teacher wheeling the telly out into the classroom for us.  

We were the same. We had a stage at our school and I remember the telly getting wheeled onto the stage and us all sitting on the cold wooden floor of the games hall with our arms and legs crossed watching it

Gunn

Hickey  Hendry Porteous Tierney Robbo

Gilmour  McGregor

McTominay  McGinn

Adams

We'll huff and puff, then a half-fit Dykes will come during the second half.

McTominay will launch one of his edge of the box shots, which will be beaten away by the goalkeeper, but only into BDD's path, and he will roll it in.

1-0 Scotland

Quite specific, I know. But it's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Gunn

Hickey  Hendry Porteous Tierney Robbo

Gilmour  McGregor

McTominay  McGinn

Adams

We'll huff and puff, then a half-fit Dykes will come during the second half.

McTominay will launch one of his edge of the box shots, which will be beaten away by the goalkeeper, but only into BDD's path, and he will roll it in.

1-0 Scotland

Quite specific, I know. But it's going to happen.

Uri Geller?

15 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Georgia v Spain lineups, game kicks off at 5pm.

F5gt-99WsAASBn1?format=jpg&name=small

Absolutely no one in either side who puts the fear in to you. 

Rodri did, before he got spanked about then cried about the length of the grass. 

Kvarat did until he gret about the rain being too wet then skelped some kid in row ZZ in the dying seconds of the game.