SMFC v HMFC

24 minutes ago, Molotov said:

There really is no reason to have these parking restrictions in place. The rules and signs have been in place since the stadium opened but it was the last home game that caused a good few cars getting tickets. 

As long as people don’t park across local residents driveways I really don’t see an issue. 

Fcuking stupid rules. 

When the bigot brothers come to town please don’t inform those cnuts. 

No doubt no ticketing takes place then or police taking action against scum supporters pissing in the street while boozing on Buckfast at 11am.

East Ayrshire council have decided to make it harder to park around Rugby Park as well.

Heaven forbid they would want anyone to come spend money in their town.

On 20/09/2023 at 13:19, Hendricks said:

Think Hearts having a week's training under Naismith with no Europe or International break should see us perform better ...

What does this actually mean ?

Naismith has been in charge of Hearts training all season. The Frankie McAvoy pish has been a Europa bollocks ruse.

Nothing has changed. 

😛

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Naismith has been in charge of Hearts training all season. The Frankie McAvoy pish has been a Europa bollocks ruse.

Nothing has changed. 

😛

Would think it's more to do with the fact that this is the first weekend in a while where they've had training uninterrupted by a playing a game in Europe or by players away on international duty.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

East Ayrshire council have decided to make it harder to park around Rugby Park as well.

Heaven forbid they would want anyone to come spend money in their town.

It's outrageous ticketing folk like this, though and will impact our attendances. It seems to be part of a wider agenda to get people out of their cars, which in itself might not be a bad thing. Perhaps the club should hire buses and for a £2 fare they can take folk from the town centre... 

27 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

It's outrageous ticketing folk like this, though and will impact our attendances. It seems to be part of a wider agenda to get people out of their cars, which in itself might not be a bad thing. Perhaps the club should hire buses and for a £2 fare they can take folk from the town centre... 

Walk to the game. Looks like your council doing their bit to help Paisley peoples fight obesity. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nothing has changed. 

😛

It's the first week since the start of the season whereby we never had a European game, a League Cup game or players away for international duty. It was nothing to do with who you perceived was in charge previously!  Merely a comment that we had a full week of training uninterrupted and on the back of a decent performance and a good result last weekend, I think we will be better prepared. 

5 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

7A from the cross will drop you right at the stadium

5 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I'm all for govt / local govt trying to get folk out of cars but the public transport has to be there. 

I've not lived in Houston for a long time but generally travel to games from there with my old man. To get public transport from there (or Bridge of Weir) you'd have to take 3 buses - or maybe a bus to Johnstone, then train then another train. It's not workable at all. I imagine that would be a similar story for most fans outside of Paisley or even outside the town centre.

Edited by houston_bud

The council is using safety as an excuse so emergency services are not restricted should anything happen at the stadium . It's a nonsense the club will have to meet up with the council to sort this out. When it's raining or generally bad weather will effect gates. Although a train station is very close it and the rest of public transport can not deal with the thousands descending on the stadium.  

8 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The council is using safety as an excuse so emergency services are not restricted should anything happen at the stadium . It's a nonsense the club will have to meet up with the council to sort this out. When it's raining or generally bad weather will effect gates. Although a train station is very close it and the rest of public transport can not deal with the thousands descending on the stadium.  

Why?

Why must everything must be arranged to suit car owners - speaking as a car owner who travels from Ayr by train when possible and doesn't like the anarchic parking around the ground on matchdays anyway. @Arch Stanton

Edited by btb

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Why?

Why must everything must be arranged to suit car owners - speaking as a car owner who travels from Ayr by train when possible and doesn't like the anarchic parking around the ground on matchdays anyway. @Arch Stanton

I agree with @houston_bud, there needs to be options in place. For example, more trains (with more carriages) and buses before they start doing this. It is totally ridiculous.

Really strange approach from the council on parking. Most away fans come off the motorway and it makes complete sense to park in an industrial area where the properties have their own parking and are generally closed anyway. There have always been signs saying you can't park which are confusing but you turn up and see St Mirren fans leaving their cars there so assume it's OK. To then start enforcing parking regulations on a random basis is bonkers. If, as someone suggested, it's to keep access clear for emergency vehicles then just remove cars that are parked in a way that cause blockages. 

7 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'm all for govt / local govt trying to get folk out of cars but the public transport has to be there. 

I've not lived in Houston for a long time but generally travel to games from there with my old man. To get public transport from there (or Bridge of Weir) you'd have to take 3 buses - or maybe a bus to Johnstone, then train then another train. It's not workable at all. I imagine that would be a similar story for most fans outside of Paisley or even outside the town centre.

1. Walk to main road from house.

2. Bus from Carrickstone to Cumbernauld Town Centre.

3. Bus from Cumbernauld Town Centre to Glasgow Buchanan Street.

4. Walk from Buchanan Street to Glasgow Central Station.

5. Train from Glasgow Central Station to Paisley.

6. As I genuinely don’t know if there’s a train from Glasgow Central directly to the station beside the SMiSA, I’m maybe either now - taking another train from Paisley Gilmour St, or walking from Paisley Gilmour Street to the SMiSA.

7. Repeat to get home.

Alternately,

1. Walk 30 minutes to Croy train station for a train to Glasgow Queen St, and walk to Central Station, or book an Eastfield Taxi to Croy Station.

Or… walk ten feet out front door, get into car, drive from Cumbernauld to the SMiSA in about 35-45 mins, with at least three decent alternative routes should there be an M8 problem. Usually the fcuking Sevco being at home too, but not today, thanks Lord.

Don’t think I’ll be bothering with steps 1-7 thanks all the same.

Edited by pozbaird

7 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I've not lived in Houston for a long time but generally travel to games from there with my old man. To get public transport from there (or Bridge of Weir) you'd have to take 3 buses - or maybe a bus to Johnstone, then train then another train. 

It’s two buses from Houston to the new ground.

I can usually do it in under 45mins.

The McGills app is quite good for tracking the buses.  

IMG_3971.thumb.jpeg.24bcdfd736c550cea2dec8027392a4b7.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Really strange approach from the council on parking. Most away fans come off the motorway and it makes complete sense to park in an industrial area where the properties have their own parking and are generally closed anyway. There have always been signs saying you can't park which are confusing but you turn up and see St Mirren fans leaving their cars there so assume it's OK. To then start enforcing parking regulations on a random basis is bonkers. If, as someone suggested, it's to keep access clear for emergency vehicles then just remove cars that are parked in a way that cause blockages. 

It’s fcuking ridiculous. The roads around the stadium are wide as fcuk with plenty of access for emergency vehicles. 

I personally prefer to walk to stadium regardless of the weather but there are many supporters who are elderly or disabled who rely on their cars.

If someone has a blue badge are they exempt from these restrictions?

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

6. As I genuinely don’t know if there’s a train from Glasgow Central directly to the station beside the SMiSA, I’m maybe either now - taking another train from Paisley Gilmour St, or walking from Paisley Gilmour Street to the SMiSA..

Gourock line. 

IMG_3972.thumb.jpeg.d722eccef194e7016aecb1de3c2b54b7.jpeg

Alternatively if you qualify for free bus travel. Easily done from Cumbernauld in 90mins. 

Edited by Molotov

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Gourock line. 

IMG_3972.thumb.jpeg.d722eccef194e7016aecb1de3c2b54b7.jpeg

Alternatively if you qualify for free bus travel. Easily done from Cumbernauld in 90mins. 

Ah, never knew. I do use the excellent train service from Croy to Glasgow one direction and Edinburgh the other. Never take the car when going to either. 90 minutes on the bus from Cumbernauld? Nah, pass on that. Every time I use the bus I end up with the ‘Kevin Bridges’ nutter, or Old Firm fans, or weird kunts of some description. 😀