Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

.......... and housing away teams in unlit portacabins. 

............When The Caley knock, it's a different knock.

Give it a rest M8.

While accommodation was basic, it was Covid separation days.

It was fine until a few off your prema donas turned on their hair dryers at half time and blew the main fuse.

I assume the reference to the Caley knock relates to Dodds knocking on the portakabin walls looking for the wayout as no one could find the door handle.

Surely ICT will take whoever is willing to move up north, although I always enjoy staying overnight on trip to Inverness games.

So Robbo it is. 

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Don't you worry yourself about our finances: we'll simply choose to reach the latter stages of the Scottish Cup again this season to ensure we remain cash rich for another few seasons. Morton will once again have to content themselves with trying desperately to win matches by signing our cast offs and housing away teams in unlit portacabins. 

Imrie would jump at the chance to join us. When The Caley knock, it's a different knock.

He may well do, but if he did and didn't win promotion in his first couple of seasons - although few would bet against him with ICT's Ross Countyesque overspending considering what he's done with one of the smallest budgets in the league - he would soon be managing a club in a much more difficult financial situation, having taken himself out of the running for jobs at non-basketcase clubs by moving.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ian Murray being interested.  He has probably reached the ceiling where he is.

This has to be a wind-up.

Leave a team with a great squad, very strong chance of a top 4 finish (a lot would say very likely) commutable to where he lives to go to a team on a clear downtrend in the highlands. 

I’m sure they’d be interested but I doubt Murray will be.

11 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Went to check his wiki page...:-D 

Media work[edit]

Bartley appears regularly as a pundit for coverage of Scottish football by Clyde 1 Radio, where he gets regularly pumped at 'beat the pundit' while he shows off his baby oiled biceps live in their YouTube stream.

Guess which hapless, gullible Inverclyde chump actually went on Wiki to read all about that ? Excellent bit of humour there pal, enjoyed it immensely once I'd stopped feeling like a bit of a twat 😀

2 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11252717/inverness-caledonian-thistle-billy-dodds-darren-odea-celtic/

Tabloids reporting that we're keen on talking to Darren O'Dea along with Kevin Thomson and Liam Fox. Of course Callum Davidson is the bookies favourite. 

I wouldn't say no to him but it is a very risky appointment which our club are renowned for (we gave Brewster, Foran and Dudds their 1st managerial jobs) so it's possible but he'd probably need an experienced assistant.

I am fairly certain it'll be Callum Davidson though.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This has to be a wind-up.

Leave a team with a great squad, very strong chance of a top 4 finish (a lot would say very likely) commutable to where he lives to go to a team on a clear downtrend in the highlands. 

I’m sure they’d be interested but I doubt Murray will be.

Cool yet tits mun.
Mr Mongoose was merely casting his bread upon the water to watch the ripples, and boy did you gobble.

Without being funny, Davidson is such an arrogant man that I’m not sure his ego allows him to join Caley in the position they’re in. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening at all, especially if you’re as skint as they say. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Without being funny, Davidson is such an arrogant man that I’m not sure his ego allows him to join Caley in the position they’re in. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening at all, especially if you’re as skint as they say. 

He is one of those managers that will always manage to manoeuvre himself in to a job, most likely in the premiership too given people hang on to his double cup win like f**k despite being absolutely turgid out-with that. So I think you're probably right. Guys in the media seem desperate to get him a job as well.